Sign in to follow this  
Lotharen

New Pilot Resources - Welcome Aboard!

http://luizmonteiro.com/Learning_HSI_Sim.aspx

Some may already be aware of this one - It's a navigational training sim, and it's really well done. It has been around for years (the look of it betrays it's age), but it is still on the EAA's recommendation list. It allows you to understand and practice just about any IFR or instrument procedure without having to worry about piloting the aircraft (except on a very basic level). It's a bit daunting when you first see it, but with an hour or two of reading the well done manual (it's hard to find) - look on the purchase page) you will understand how it works. It can be used with analog gauges or a glass panel.  It was originally Flash-based, and was offered for PC and mobile devices. With the demise of Flash. it is now only offered for the PC. It IS payware, and you may balk at the price, but as far as I am aware there is really nothing else like it out there, and is money well-spent. You can spend hours studying books, but there is nothing like seeing all this stuff in motion to really understand it. It can be downloaded and tried for ten days for free. Highly recommended!

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

On 3/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, Bosco19 said:

http://luizmonteiro.com/Learning_HSI_Sim.aspx

Some may already be aware of this one - It's a navigational training sim, and it's really well done. It has been around for years (the look of it betrays it's age), but it is still on the EAA's recommendation list. It allows you to understand and practice just about any IFR or instrument procedure without having to worry about piloting the aircraft (except on a very basic level). It's a bit daunting when you first see it, but with an hour or two of reading the well done manual (it's hard to find) - look on the purchase page) you will understand how it works. It can be used with analog gauges or a glass panel.  It was originally Flash-based, and was offered for PC and mobile devices. With the demise of Flash. it is now only offered for the PC. It IS payware, and you may balk at the price, but as far as I am aware there is really nothing else like it out there, and is money well-spent. You can spend hours studying books, but there is nothing like seeing all this stuff in motion to really understand it. It can be downloaded and tried for ten days for free. Highly recommended!

You are now given a "Free Key", thus it's free. Very nice of the Publisher

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you very much for this forum.

As a newbie to FS, I have a bug of some kind in MSFS 2020 (40th Anniversary).  I just recently completed an around the world trip East to West out of the US taking off and landing in 85 airports (US and World) and covering over 32,000 KMiles in about three months flying the C700 Longitude and the Diamond DA62.  I had completed all of my flight training in the sim successfully prior to beginning the trip (showing 100% completion) and 327 hours flying time.

I just happened to check my pilot's log after finishing, and the flight training shows 0% completed and my only landing in 27 airports. Does anyone know what might have happened and how I might restore the correct data into my log?

Any clues would be appreciated very much.  Thanks again for this newcomers forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1