Sign in to follow this  
efis007

FS-2020 blurry?

14 hours ago, Freneticus said:

It isnt detailed at all. Its the same low resolution as is in current meta. 

Are you joking?
Is this not detailed?
FkXIq3C.jpg

What is this then? Detailed?
JzTuEmI.jpg

How do you say that the two images are the same low detail when it is obvious that they are not?

A kind user sent me a screenshot of the San Francisco area, captured at FL300, with ultra graphics setting.
This is the maximum detail that you can get.
ytxfDqY.jpg

Question: Does this photo have a similar detail to the FL900 advertising photo?
Answer: no, it's more blurry and less detailed.
I'm sorry to say, but at high altitude FS2020 renders the terrain with a detail almost similar to an FS9 photoreal scenery!
tarA3hq.jpg

Come on guys, stop joking.
FS2020 is an exceptional low-medium altitude simulator.
At high altitude it is bad, it does not perform better than other simulators (except weather and clouds, beautiful).

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

5 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Come on guys, stop joking.
FS2020 is an exceptional low-medium altitude simulator.
At high altitude it is bad, it does not perform better than other simulators (except weather and clouds, beautiful).

Oh my... uninstalling already!

(not really)

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

LOL, it's like this discussion is going from page 1 to page 8, back to page 1...

I'm running out of popcorn...

Why not have a pole. Those that say Blur .. Say Ay, Those that say not, say Nay.

Agree to disagree, uninstall if need be, End of story & move on. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Why do you have to uninstall it?
Because of the high-altitude blurry?
Nothing changes if you keep it or uninstall it.
Either way FS2020 will have high altitude blurry, you can't do anything about it.
The purpose of the topic was to verify if FS2020 was blurring the high-altitude scenarios.
After much discussion we realized that this is true.
I removed the doubt.

Edited by efis007

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

I think this thread, has run its course... Some say there are 'blurries' some say there aren't... and finally, some say that there are, but just don't care. 

If you're unhappy with the blurries, just uninstall it, and return to the previous sims (XP11, P3D or FSX). 

Move on. Case closed.

Edited by travelabroad

🙂

35 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Why do you have to uninstall it?
Because of the high-altitude blurry?

This is an old problem since alpha testing. ASOBO has never answered the testers' question. There have been thousands of posts on the forum about blurry textures above 8000 feet. But these questions have always been ignored. This is a new, non-qualitative reality.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Well, now they will answer because now its actuall paying customers which opened tickets at their zendesk. Its different now from alpha/beta.

There is a much going on about this on official forums which is already monitored by asobo. I posted some screenshots as well. Thought you just might now abou that.

Peace

Has there been any word from Asobo on this?
I flew my 1st tubeliner flight in the a320 after playing all GA aircraft for the first week. I was overall neutral with the product until yesterday.

Once i was passing about FL230 I looked out the window on the way to KPIT and ugh... it looked absolutely terrible. Worse than stock X Plane or P3D. I am trying to pour through all settings to see if I can fix it.

Nothing like getting 60fps with a texture that looks like it came out of a 2002 game. Plenty of available bandwidth and VRAM so I don't know what's wrong.

This was the moment I realized how valuable Ortho4XP is , because the quality I get from that just destroys MSFS2020.

19 minutes ago, joeym4130 said:

Has there been any word from Asobo on this?
I flew my 1st tubeliner flight in the a320 after playing all GA aircraft for the first week. I was overall neutral with the product until yesterday.

Once i was passing about FL230 I looked out the window on the way to KPIT and ugh... it looked absolutely terrible. Worse than stock X Plane or P3D. I am trying to pour through all settings to see if I can fix it.

Nothing like getting 60fps with a texture that looks like it came out of a 2002 game. Plenty of available bandwidth and VRAM so I don't know what's wrong.

This was the moment I realized how valuable Ortho4XP is , because the quality I get from that just destroys MSFS2020.

I noticed the same thing as well.

I defended this sim like no other before it was released. Now that I have my hands on it though....

I have realized that having the two terrain rendering and LOD sliders all the way up still leave a ton to be desired. Not only that the photogrammetry looks like garbage unless your right above something. The way they have things morph and melt in order to preserve performance looks bad.

The AI cities look better IMO. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

The AI cities look better IMO. 

Oh yeah photogrammetry is a whole other issue for them to deal with - I turned off the photogrammetry as soon as I saw my first "bombed out" cityscape in the distance. It just isn't there functionally yet.

The AI does a great job of doing the filling in of a plausible city in the meantime.

7 minutes ago, joeym4130 said:

Oh yeah photogrammetry is a whole other issue for them to deal with - I turned off the photogrammetry as soon as I saw my first "bombed out" cityscape in the distance. It just isn't there functionally yet.

The AI does a great job of doing the filling in of a plausible city in the meantime.

Yeah I love the sim as a whole....some cities just can't cut it though like you said. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Although there seem to be some areas that are worse than others, due to possibly poor photogrammy data...  I find the blurriness somewhat realistic as in real life you do not have unlimited ultra sharp vision for many miles toward the horizon.

Even from my window, in my high-rise condo, in perfectly clear weather, I can only see out to about 10 NM before the distant objects and terrain get blurry and hazy...

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Even from my window, in my high-rise condo, in perfectly clear weather, I can only see out to about 10 NM before the distant objects and terrain get blurry and hazy...

Called... Near Sighted. 😉

Just now, Adrian123 said:

Called... Near Sighted. 😉

LOL

or time to buy some glasses!!!

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

LOL

or time to buy some glasses!!!

I too have that problem. Trifocals. 🙂