Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS released in first region! Congrats Kiribati!

Congratulations Kiribati!  You made history as the first region where MSFS has been released!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I just moved to Kiribati this morning and when I changed my region in Windows to my joy found out I can download MSFS first. What a coincidence!

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I just moved to Kiribati this morning and when I changed my region in Windows to my joy found out I can download MSFS first. What a coincidence!

Population of Kiribati: 115K

Downloads of MSFS in Kiribati: 300K 🙂

Disclaimer: It's not recommended to change your time zone to download from Kiribati because you may be breaking Microsoft's TOS and risk getting banned.  Check Microsoft's TOS.  It's safer and recommended to just wait until the game released in your time zone so you are complying with the TOS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Disclaimer: It's not recommended to change your time zone to download from Kiribati because you may be breaking Microsoft's TOS and risk getting banned.  Check Microsoft's TOS.  It's recommended to just wait until the game released in your time zone so you are complying with the TOS.

Yep. MSFS Discord is warning people on that, too.

2aeWdZb.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yep. MSFS Discord is warning people on that, too.

2aeWdZb.jpg

This person isn't from Microsoft, just a volunteer moderator. 

Also, there is an option in Windows settings to set whatever region you want ... You are free to put anything you want there, you're not bypassing anything or using a VPN. 

Edited by Aaron555
  • Like 4

Really what are they going to do? Find all the people who paid money to buy the game who changed their timezones and ban them? 

I'm sure that's going to make for good PR.

They don't want you to do it because it will put uneven load on all their servers but I don't think they'll go around banning people.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

Really what are they going to do? Find all the people who paid money to buy the game who changed their timezones and ban them? 

I'm sure that's going to make for good PR.

They don't want you to do it because it will put uneven load on all their servers but I don't think they'll go around banning people.

People changing their time-zones to download the game is only good PR for MS. I dont think they will go after them.

• Like 1

Ahmet Can

Considering there's still footage on YouTube of people breaking the NDA during the alpha, it doesn't seem like I'd put too much stock in Microsoft's finger waving about ToS. I'm sure they have no interest in pursuing thousands of legit customers, banning them for changing their region in Windows. Just formality stuff. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Nothing wrong with the download speed at least. Currently around 900 Mbps.

download.png

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

OK, I'm still trying to get get this to work, but I think anyone who does this should do their first flight out of Kiribati!

Btw, I've reset my location, my timezone and am using a New Zealand VPN. Still no dice. For those of you who succeeded - am I missing something?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Funnily enough, I just moved to Kiribati too. Great place, but the game asks me to insert the discs afther the first initial splash screens. I dont know what to do. 

Your discs will be shipped from Kiribati.

• Like 8