Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS released in first region! Congrats Kiribati!

I thought the poor Pacific island nation would be overcrowded, so I changed my region to Australia to begin downloading 🦘🤓

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Has anyone without the game pass been able to get past the insert disk message.  I tried setting region to Sydney, AUS and also changed the time but did not work.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Has anyone without the game pass been able to get past the insert disk message.  I tried setting region to Sydney, AUS and also changed the time but did not work.  

Nah, I had to pay the 1$/€ for gamepass and it worked straight away!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Just now, TOGA-saurus said:

Nah, I had to pay the 1$/€ for gamepass and it worked straight away!

OK thanks.  I will wait, no point messing around with something else.  I don't even have time today to fly so will have to wait until tomorrow to download.  

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I’ve pre ordered since day one Premium Deluxe version: if I understand well, here in central Europe, I have to wait UTC+2. Setting in an earlier timezone will not unlock premium Deluxe, right ?

1 minute ago, hervef said:

I’ve pre ordered since day one Premium Deluxe version: if I understand well, here in central Europe, I have to wait UTC+2. Setting in an earlier timezone will not unlock premium Deluxe, right ?

Correct! I purchased Premium Deluxe to and I'm in Ireland so technically have to wait until UTC+1 midnight tonight. But I paid for gamepass so I can download early but it's only the standard version, I'm assuming tomorrow I'll be able to install the PD package on top with no other issues 🙂

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Thank you for the info. Anyway, I waited since months.... i can wait until midnight tonight 🙂

• Like 1

Likewise, I've been impatient for release day, but now that it's here, I can wait a few more hours. At least I know that if I need official support I've done things by the book and there will be no problems associated with that down the line. Changing timezones back and forth can mess up other programs on a computer. If MSFS. Not worth the gamble IMO, but each to their own.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 minutes ago, hervef said:

Thank you for the info. Anyway, I waited since months.... i can wait until midnight tonight 🙂

That's the way I see it, too. It's tempting, but the possibility of creating problems unnecessarily is there. I'd rather just wait than screw things up.

If you live in Europe, more than half of the time gain from switching regions is already gone, so if you have a relatively decent connection I would recommend waiting for your country's timetable and not risk any issues. So far none have been reported, but you never know.

So. Here's my experience...

The pre-order Premium Deluxe Version would not trigger a D/L. So, I changed my timezone to Kiribata, MSFS then started from the Windows menu, but quickly stopped and asked for the disk, so I paid a quid for a game pass, then I could get the Standard version to begin downloading, that got about half downloaded, then it freaked out, asked me to start choosing settings and options, then it crashed to desktop. When I cranked it up again, it crashed again, then it appeared to have changed its mind and judging by the size of what is downloaded and what is left to download now and is coming, I think it is downloading the full Premium Deluxe Version now. About 100Gb downloaded, about 30Gb to go at present.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

The pre-order Premium Deluxe Version would not trigger a D/L. So, I changed my timezone to Kiribata, MSFS then started from the Windows menu, but quickly stopped and asked for the disk, so I paid a quid for a game pass, then I could get the Standard version began downloading, that  got about half downloaded, then it freaked out, asked me to start choosing settings and options, then it crashed to desktop. When I cranked it up again, it crashed again, then it appeared to have changed its mind and judging by the size of what is downloaded and what is left to download now and is coming, I think it is downloading the full Premium Deluxe Version now. About 100Gb downloaded, about 30Gb to go t present.

Godspeed, sir. Let us know how it works out!

• Like 1

My download was 95.15Gb. Premium Deluxe.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

The pre-order Premium Deluxe Version would not trigger a D/L. So, I changed my timezone to Kiribata, MSFS then started from the Windows menu, but quickly stopped and asked for the disk, so I paid a quid for a game pass, then I could get the Standard version began downloading, that  got about half downloaded, then it freaked out, asked me to start choosing settings and options, then it crashed to desktop. When I cranked it up again, it crashed again, then it appeared to have changed its mind and judging by the size of what is downloaded and what is left to download now and is coming, I think it is downloading the full Premium Deluxe Version now. About 100Gb downloaded, about 30Gb to go t present.

At around the end of the download you may get a Message saying: oh wait you lied 🤥 about your location. Sorry but you have to wait longer 😂 ...

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Just now, rtodepart said:

At around 95 GB you may get a Message saying: oh wait you lied 🤥 about your location. Sorry but you have to wait longer 😂 ...

Mindful of this, I logged in as the Baby Jezus, who as we know never lies, so that should circumvent that potential pitfall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here