Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

why is msfs2020 asking me to insert a game disc?

yep works fine when timezone is unlocked

• Like 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Tangentially related (didn’t want to make a new thread), when trying to pre-install FS2020 this morning, both from the Xbox PC app, the Microsoft Store, and the Flight Simulator .exe directly, my computer kept telling me something along the lines of being “not ready yet” to install and to check back later. I had to leave for work. Anyone else run into this and know what to do?

3 minutes ago, RobotRock said:

Tangentially related (didn’t want to make a new thread), when trying to pre-install FS2020 this morning, both from the Xbox PC app, the Microsoft Store, and the Flight Simulator .exe directly, my computer kept telling me something along the lines of being “not ready yet” to install and to check back later. I had to leave for work. Anyone else run into this and know what to do?

Just wait for your local availability time. I had the same message and it started working after midnight. 

Just now, FlyingRoo said:

Just wait for your local availability time. I had the same message and it started working after midnight. 

Where are you?

I'm curious to know what they use to check the time zone.

Don't think it's the store purchase, as it is only linked to a country yet some countries have different time zones. 

35 minutes ago, B777ER said:

People waited this long and now they are hacking their system settings to get it one day sooner. Surprisingly when it goes awry they now come here claiming it doesn't work. Imagine that..... 

This is only a snapshot of whats to come lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tgsweat said:

This is only a snapshot of whats to come lol

The kiribati curse....

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Because it’s not technically released yet and your product key is not active.

Buying the Xbox Game Pass for $1 solves the issue (yes, this is for ALL versions... just being subscribed to Game Pass is what's needed in addition to changing your region).

Edited by langly

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

People waited this long and now they are hacking their system settings to get it one day sooner.

Changing your region setting is hardly hacking your system; some chaps here really know how to overdramatise something.

The issue users are getting is that although the download is being permitted, in some instances the licencing server isn't fooled so won't validate the licence until that area's release time, but those people have still gained a head start on the download anyway.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Changing your region setting is hardly hacking your system; some chaps here really know how to overdramatise something.

The issue users are getting is that although the download is being permitted, in some instances the licencing server isn't fooled so won't enable the licence until that areas release time, but those people have still gained a head start on the download anyway.

Purchasing the Game Pass for $1 and changing region will work.

Doesn't apply to me, I bought on Steam 🤦‍♂️🤣 That worked out well...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg