Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

why is msfs2020 asking me to insert a game disc?

Is it released in your region yet?

I think the changing timezone hack only works with gamepass.

On the MSF forum it was mentioned they're working on a fix for that. They already launched one, but that was not 100% yet. A new fix is in the making.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Changing your region setting is hardly hacking your system; some chaps here really know how to overdramatise something.

The issue users are getting is that although the download is being permitted, in some instances the licencing server isn't fooled so won't validate the licence until that area's release time, but those people have still gained a head start on the download anyway.

Step back a little and you may see that it is not just about getting a head start, it is possibly at the detriment of your fellow simmers. See it how ever you like but it still boils down to Queue jumping and that will always have a negative impact on people. 

• Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

1 minute ago, Aaron555 said:

Game was just released in my timezone but the disk error is still there ... 

Seems that getting a game pass on xbox for PC for US$1 Is the quick cure

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Everyone please be patient. They know of the problem and are doing their best at this time to correct it.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I cannot get it to work.

1) Tried turning off all firewall

2) Tried turning off real time protection, etc.

3) Checked my region and time data.

Nothing working.  Any other ideas, or maybe more specific details that worked, please advise.

I also read this is a Digital Ownership File issue and there is a file to download and reinstall but I could not get it to work.  I could not figure out how to reinstall this file.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi. I got the same issues with the game with Microsoft Store Error Code during FFS2020 download.

This is what i try and it not working:

Disable Firewall (not working)

Reboot PC (not working)

Update  All programs in Microsoft Store. (not working) 

This is how i resolve the situation:

Remove the game

Search on google for : Windows update assistant to Update windows 10 to May 2020 version,

Reboot

Disable Bitdefender (anti-virus) 

Start the installation from Microsoft Store.

Thanks to all.

Dave

I have been able to play just fine since the game came out, but suddenly had this issue. It would ask me for a disc every time I tried loading up, but I have no disc because it's a digital copy. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Turns out the issue was that I was using a shortcut I had created. When I loaded up the program directly from the exe instead of from the shortcut, it worked fine. 

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I hope it does.