Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Orbx for MSFS

Well, Orbx is quick off the mark with support for this sim.

I'm very pleased to see that they decided to action the crossgrade discount that we requested. I was sad to see that disappear from P3D/X-plane/AeroflyFS2, so it's great to have it back.

There are 3 airports, and prices (without discount) vary from $20.99 for London City Airport up to $26.99 for Orbx's rendition of LOWI (All prices in Kiribati dollars, a currency that is pegged to the AUD). There's also a feature pack for London available, which provides a range of objects that are missing from the default scenery.

M7DYnBp.jpg

Personally, I'm going to try a couple out once I've flown default MSFS for a while - the price is good, and I like supporting FS devs where possible.

So, what do y'all think? Worth it, or do the default airports do the job without the need for Orbx? LOWI is a particularly interesting case, as it covers an airport that is already provided in high detail in MSFS.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

It massively depends on how much time you spend at the same airports, how much you look around them when you’re there, and at what point your morality meter comes in to stop you buying pointless stuff. 

would definitely recommend having a look at stuff without buying anything for a while though. However, I do get the point about supporting devs in what might be a fairly sketchy time for them. 

• Like 1

Would love to see a detailed comparison between the hand crafted LOWI in MFS vs the OrbX one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, MartinH said:

There's two North American airports too. I'm tempted to see if they work in the beta.

I forgot to mention them, thanks!

KORS Orcas Island - a classic, but actually not one of my favorites personally. $17.99

KTIW Tacoma Narrows - The only one i don’t own on another platform, and not an airport I really know. Also AUD/KBD $17.99 without discount

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Would love to see a detailed comparison between the hand crafted LOWI in MFS vs the OrbX one.

I’ve seen a few comparison pics. Orbx covers the area around the airport better.

I’m going to buy this, so I’ll aim to post some comparison pics down the track.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I’ve seen a few comparison pics. Orbx covers the area around the airport better.

I’m going to buy this, so I’ll aim to post some comparison pics down the track.

I'd be interested to know what the Orbx plans for LOWI would be once seasons are implemented. Wouldn't want a summery green airport stuck in amongst a snowy region...

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

I bought everything except LOWI since I want to see how the premium deluxe looks like first.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.