Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

What time zone are we in right now?

What time zone is able to download now? How do you figure it out? Is there a map?

There was a link to a list, but I can't find it right now for some reason. It's basically 12 midnight local time on the 18th wherever you are.

And I'm sure the people of the DPRK will be pleased it is now available to them through their unfettered internet access 🙄

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 5

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'm confused. It says 0400 UTC download for USA East and 0700 UTC download for USA West, but I'm on the west coast and the MS Store says a 9:00pm download time (0400 UTC)... Hmm?

It's confusing.  I've read Steam will unlock at 12:01 AM EST, or 12.5 hours from right now.  But then I've also read other predictions too so I really have no idea at this point.

So on Pacific Coast I should be able to download at midnight tonight?

22 minutes ago, Mengy said:

It's confusing.  I've read Steam will unlock at 12:01 AM EST, or 12.5 hours from right now.  But then I've also read other predictions too so I really have no idea at this point.

If you bought from Microsoft, it unlocks at Midnight your time.  

If you bought from Steam, go here:   https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

On the left, put in 04:00 AM (for Steam users), then choose "GMT" as the location (scroll down toward the bottom of the list).

On the right, enter the nearest major city etc. in your time zone, or scroll down to the bottom and pick your time zone.

I bought from Steam and converting the 04:00 UTC/GMT time, my results show an availability of 12:00 AM East Coast Time, concurs with what the Microsoft info states for Steam users (coincidentally Steam is aligned with midnight EST anyway).  

Edited by Stoopy
Multiple occurrences of "from" spelled as "form"

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

12 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

9:00PM PST to match midnight EST, both able to d/l at the same time.

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

Oh *******, these time zone discussions aren't helping my blood pressure at all. 😬

One piece of advice: Set up an alternative time zone in the clock of your smartphone. Set it to show Reykjavik time. Iceland always uses UTC time all year round, without any confusing summer/winter time changes. That's your official simulator time from now on, and every event is planned with that time. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Mine says 9pm  KBUR

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My days the lack of comprehension amongst some members! There is a CLEAR LIST at https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-times/ that applies to the Microsoft Store. For Steam customers I believe it's midnight US EST.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

Mine says 9pm  KBUR

I was figuring by the MS Website that shows all the time zones, says Pacifc can download at 0700 UTC which converts to 12:00

https://savvytime.com/converter/utc-to-pdt

I'll try it at 9:00 and every hour on the hour after that...

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

My days the lack of comprehension amongst some members! There is a CLEAR LIST at https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-times/ that applies to the Microsoft Store. For Steam customers I believe it's midnight US EST.

The problem is, they're using city and time zone names, instead of ICAO codes.  🙂

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

27 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

One piece of advice: Set up an alternative time zone in the clock of your smartphone. Set it to show Reykjavik time. Iceland always uses UTC time all year round, without any confusing summer/winter time changes. That's your official simulator time from now on, and every event is planned with that time. 

There are even smarter smartphones that will allow to set UTC directly. 🍎😬