Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Help - CH Throttle Yoke USB

Just now, molleh said:

My CH yoke, pedals, and throttle quadrant work just fine..?

Do you have the eclipse one? I have the basic one 

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, cooperwarner8 said:

Do you have the eclipse one? I have the basic one 

Just picked up eclipse yes - usually more expensive yoke but couldnt deal with hat on left side

Rich Sennett

Setting up controls that do not come preconfigured is not always intuitive, something that may or may not have been discovered and commented on extensively during testing.  

Unfortunately, CH Products (which I use exclusively) do not come preconfigured, and I may or may not have been able to get mine set up fairly easily.  In fact, I may or may not have had to do it multiple times in early versions that may or may not have kept forgetting settings. 😄 

I may or may not get dinged by Microsoft for commenting on this. 😄 

Molleh:  Thanks for verifying that the CH Products throttle quadrant works.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Some other games I use don't like to recognise POV hat switches so I use a utility called xpadder which translates them to keyboard key strokes. It's not easy to configure though and it's buggy in Win10.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

SidekickUBT:  I have a CH Yoke and it worked perfectly in the Alpha / Beta.  First make sure in the Windows Game Controller calibration in Windows Settings that it is  properly functioning.  In MFS, assign the throttle axis  to Axis L-Z.  Make sure you clear anything  else assigned for the  throttle and only assign the throttle axis, not the  other  throttle commands like increase, full cut, etc.  I'm awaiting my download  time  so I am writing from  memory at the moment. Also realize that  certain  aircraft may depend on a different  setup (multi  engine aircraft...) start with the 152.  Make it work on that first.

• Like 4

Hi Larry MS isint a problem 🙂   I dont care if I have to set stuff up always do pre configured is not a big deal - if thats all it is then all is good - thanks

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

I have had my CH yoke since 2004. It has worked flawless in FS9/FSX/P3D. I'm hoping I can map it to work with FS2020.

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Setting up controls that do not come preconfigured is not always intuitive, something that may or may not have been discovered and commented on extensively during testing.  

Unfortunately, CH Products (which I use exclusively) do not come preconfigured, and I may or may not have been able to get mine set up fairly easily.  In fact, I may or may not have had to do it multiple times in early versions that may or may not have kept forgetting settings. 😄 

I may or may not get dinged by Microsoft for commenting on this. 😄 

Molleh:  Thanks for verifying that the CH Products throttle quadrant works.

Hook

I would think at this point MS isn’t worried about the NDA. Considering so many are now downloading and flying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Hi Larry MS isint a problem 🙂   I dont care if I have to set stuff up always do pre configured is not a big deal - if thats all it is then all is good - thanks

I'm the kind of person who would probably end up clearing all the default configurations and assigning my own.  The absence of preconfiguration in CH Products controls simply saved me a step. 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

1 minute ago, Lotharen said:

I would think at this point MS isn’t worried about the NDA. Considering so many are now downloading and flying.

Would that this were true!  I'm more worried about breaking NDA now than I was during the Beta! 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I have had my CH yoke since 2004. It has worked flawless in FS9/FSX/P3D. I'm hoping I can map it to work with FS2020.

Should be fine I think - my install wont be till tomorrow night more to come 

Rich Sennett

bszuch It's people like you that make this community shine. I got the throttle to work..how about up and down, my friend?

Also...we use to change the elevation during flight, is that gone?

Tim

My VKB Gladiator MK.2 I just got I have to assign all manual buttons for but I can’t get the throttle to work right.  I tried for a bit earlier and I’m gonna give it a shot again now that I’m home from work.  Almost wish I had gotten the T16000m HOTAS set since it’s recognized by the game. 

2 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

bszuch It's people like you that make this community shine. I got the throttle to work..how about up and down, my friend?

Also...we use to change the elevation during flight, is that gone?

Tim

Tim,  by up and down, not sure what you are refering to...  I use the hat to for looking around.... example  POV  DN = cockpit look down (lock)

by elevation are you refering to "slewing"?  I typically assign the elevation up  & down to keyboard   up = Q   dn = Z and use the yoke for forward / back and yaw left / right.

Sorry if this is not  what your were refering  to.  Once I'm up and running, I can give you exact assignments....

Brian

5 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Well I guess we were not told only honeycomb and xbox controllers are allowed - you have to be kidding me - this is not going to end well - hope im wrong - this is ridiculous 

never mind I give up, I am disappointed in MSFS202o controller issues being BAD

Maybe I should go back to real airplanes, at least the yoke works in every airplane LOL

Edited by peppy197