Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

So for the people that have been able to play the game, how is everyone's FPS so far?  And what CPU, graphics card, amount of RAM, resolution, and settings (medium/high/ultra) are you using to achieve your performance/FPS?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

So for the people that have been able to play the game, how is everyone's FPS so far?  And what CPU, graphics card, amount of RAM, resolution, and settings (medium/high/ultra) are you using for your performance?

Guess they are busy flying....  I have to sit out after a catastrophic system failure.  Was time for a new system anyway but this laptop cannot handle MSFS.  So sitting here waiting for reports myself.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just did my first quick flight around hometown in rural Danbury, Connecticut.  Sim picked Ultra settings for me.  Gave it a shot.

With broken clouds and 3440x1440 all settings pegged to the right, I got 60ish fps the entire flight.

i9-9820X. (OC to 4.4), Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, 128G (2666 ram), 2TB SDD.

Have to work for a bit, trying NYC next

• Like 12

I'm doing fine for fps. System specs in my sig.

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There are a few people live streaming it on YT. The few I saw were not bad. One fellow was flying a cessna with only 16gb of ram amd I saw some stuttering after load in.

Running real smooth here (60FPS locked with RTSS) during all my VFR flights around Denmark and Germany. I did disable multiplayer and traffic, I hear that has caused some issues for some people. 

Specs in signature. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9900k, 2080ti, 32gb, installed on m.2 SSD, 1 gigabit fiber. Urban areas in one of the airliners, especially in or near one of the handcrafted airports, is sub 30fps. Lots of stutters. 

Things improve significantly in slower GA aircraft and in less-dense scenery.

• Like 3

With the new nvidia deivers i feel like I gained 20 fps, no kidding.

• Like 7

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 minute ago, molleh said:

9900k, 2080ti, 32gb, installed on m.2 SSD, 1 gigabit fiber. Urban areas in one of the airliners, especially in or near one of the handcrafted airports, is sub 30fps. Lots of stutters. 

That's horrendous. Doesn't fly with prerelease reports at all. 

Eric 

3 minutes ago, molleh said:

Try disabling AI.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, B777ER said:

It does actually, people are just being a little too optimistic. Show me a single video/screenshot of a scenario that I just described with performance metrics on-screen (i.e. hard data) and color me surprised.

Just now, EmaRacing said:

With the new nvidia deivers i feel like I gained 20 fps, no kidding.

What? Did you do an exact test with the same plane in the same area, and same settings, before and after you installed the new NVidia drivers?  Some people said with the same area and flying the same plane with the same settings before the new NVidia drivers were installed and after they were installed yielded no significant increase in FPS performance.

You are the first one I have heard that is getting an additional 20 FPS.

Around 35-40 FPS on Ultra @ 5K with pretty bad weather on the C152. I think I will settle on high-end for now. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

It may be the airliners vs GA aircraft.  I don't have the game yet, but based on the Twitch streams I have seen, airliners and GA aircraft give a difference in FPS performance (ie. the 787 is supposed to really lower your FPS).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

What? Did you do an exact test with the same plane in the same area, and same settings, before and after you installed the new NVidia drivers?  Some people said with the same area and flying the same plane with the same settings before the new NVidia drivers were installed and after they were installed yielded no significant increase in FPS performance.

You are the first one I have heard that is getting an additional 20 FPS.

There's always a lot of placebo effect when new drivers drop, especially when they're Game Ready™

• Like 1