Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

Found this on the interwebs

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

at the moment I set everything on ultra and the traffic all at 100 in london (with orbx city package) is around 35/40 fps (3440x1440res rtx2080 ti 32gb ram ssd1tb i7 8700k)

Fixed my stuttering, I set the rolling cache to 100 GB on a separate M.2 drive..... this this is visually stunning! 

By P3d/FSX standards, I'm getting jaw-dropping levels of performance. I took the default suggested gfx settings, which the sim decided was ultra. I did remove lens flares, not for performance reasons, but because my eye is not a multi-lens camera and therefore putting lens flares in a first person view is stupid. That's kinda my pet peeve in all first-person-perspective games/sims.

Other than that, I've so far left the visual settings alone. I haven't had time to fly anywhere dense like LA or NYC yet, but I did do a spin around Minneapolis in a Cirrus, landed and took off from a river in the Icon, did a 300 mile city to city flight in the CJ4, and donked around the US Northeast coast in a thunderstorm in the Baron.

I got very, very slightly notchy framerates when I was slaloming through the buildings in Minneapolis. Other than that, it's been very smooth. The visuals this sim is returning... Well, visuals less than half as good would make p3d a slide show if it could even produce them, which it can't. And FSX would have OOM'd between left and right engine start. 😉

There's a lot of stuff that needs work in this sim, but man... I'm very impressed with the performance and most of the visuals.

3.7ghz Ryzen 7 2700X, 32g ram, 1080Ti with 11 gigs. SSD, of course. I'm only running HD monitors, not 4k, and I'm sure I'd see a lot more stuttering if I changed, which I'm not going to because my next big investment in displays is gonna be VR (at which point I'll probably be upgrading the computer as well).

The weakest link is probably going to be my broadband connection because Centurylink sucks, but even that hasn't been an issue so far.

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Fixed my stuttering, I set the rolling cache to 100 GB on a separate M.2 drive..... this this is visually stunning! 

My rolling cache is 200GB also on an SSD

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Specs in signature, running at 1920x1080 on ultra,B-787 flying around RJAA Tokyo in and out of real weather clouds,shot ILS 16R,I am getting 30 in VC and 60 in external view,real traffic at 50%.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

32 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How do you do that?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

32 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I will try this. It doesn't make much sense though.

It's really funny in this forum, people are so used to the sluggish perf. of P3D, they seem so easy to impress... coming from X-Plane, thr raw performance of FS20 is just a world of pain.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

9900k Oc'ed to 5.0 / 64GB 3600Mhz / 2080Ti - running on Ultra at 4k.

So far... 30-40fps... down to 25fps. So far haven't tried airliners nor dense cities.

It has felt smooth so far.

Enrique Vaamonde

Performance is the worst i've seen in a sim for me. I've tried all setting presets & even reduced some further. It stutters horribly & i'm baffled why. I installed the sim on a SSD, Running i7700k with 1080ti, I have 16gb DDR4 ram. I know many have said to get 32gb but i've seen some have far better performance with lower specs than mine.

I'm puzzled and have absolutely no idea what else to do or try to get some smooth experience. I have a 4K monitor and played around with the resolution to see if that would make a difference and none at all.

4 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

I will try this. It doesn't make much sense though.

It's really funny in this forum, people are so used to the sluggish perf. of P3D, they seem so easy to impress... coming from X-Plane, thr raw performance of FS20 is just a world of pain.

Set the visuals, clouds, autogen density to achieve the same fidelity as MSFS and you know that's not true.

On install high settings recommended but turned down to medium,turned off ai traffic set up at Egph airport is not very detailed, weather scattered clouds,screen resolution 1080p,FPS in the 50s had some stutters but overall smooth,noticed the cpu load at 86% and gpu around 60% scenery looked ok switched to high settings scenery a lot nicer and still smooth cpu at 95% and gpu 70%. One problem I have is my yoke and rudder pedals not set up although recognised so will have to manually set them up, thought this sim was to use more of the gpu but not in my case.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

9 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

How do you do that?

in the data game setting just change the rolling cache folder location

• Like 1

I'm very positively surprised. I have a i7-8700 CPU, 32 Gb RAM and the GeForce 1080 Ti and almost all my settings are on ultra. No stuttering so far. My resolution is 2560x1080. My fps are 30-50.

Edited by Kenjiro75

I only have performance issues if I activate simconnect utilities. Even with a configure similar to mine, I would not recommend running everything on ultra, of course. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus