Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

In Prepar3D there was a lot of debate about whether it should be or not.  I found that having it turned off gave me additional headroom for overclocking, I’d say probably more people kept it off than on as a wild guess.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm running original Gen 1 i7 920 @ 4Ghz with GTX 960 and 12GB RAM at 1080p.

With Medium settings I get a decent 25-30fps at the Courcheval landing challenge, High it drops to a (still playable) 15-20fps

Takeoff at JFK different story - Medium get 15-20fps and High get 10-15fps - however I think my big problem here is the RAM as I'm starting to cache memory (the old tri-channel memory of the Gen 1 i7 architecture limits the RAM capability. 

However my biggest problem is not the frame rates but rarther the rendering - no matter what Graphic Level (even Ultra) or AA setting I get yuck moire pattern effect everywhere - especially on the water reflections and even inside the cabin off the overhead visors etc. 

Has anyone had this problem ? All the videos I've seen have never shown any real rendering issues. Will try to post screenshots when I get a chance.

After coming across posts on here, reddit and the official board over at Microsoft, I noticed almost everyone with 10 series cards were the ones having the problems with stutters and low/wacky GPU usage and CPU near 100%

I rolled back my drivers to 451.67 (July 9th 2020) and it helped. I'm seeing higher GPU usage 70-90% and the stutters are noticeably better. CPU usage is still close to 100% though... It's not the cure but I do believe this helps prove that the new drivers are the problem. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

With my 6 years old i7 4790k, with xmp profile at 4.6, runs smoothly in New York, with a steady 35/40 fps on 2K. Couldn't be more happy 😁 (high settings and some on ultra) 

Edited by cteixeira

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

How many have turned on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling, available with the latest drivers?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

How many have turned on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling, available with the latest drivers?

Can you tell me where this setting is?

I have 2004 installed and Nvidia driver 452.06. I cannot find this setting...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thanks for asking. My performance is, given the amount of stuff on screen and the general look of the sim, simply outstanding and amazing. 

Two things I noticed:

1) Airliners eat some FPS, about 5 - 8 on my system.
2) Weather and clouds do not. Nada. Zero. Null.

Already deleted X-plane. P3D will go pretty soon.

Has anyone tested DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And then let Windows 10 automatically update the system with Nvidia drivers. MFS is running smoothly without any stutters at 30 fps (with broken clouds in the sky) over Manhattan with Icon A5. 
However in the Developer mode, you notice ”Limited by GPU” displaying in the FPS counter. What does that mean?

Edit: i7 9700K, 32GB 3200 MHz, MFS installed on a 1TB SSD, 1080ti, 3840 x 2160p, Rendering scale 80, level High.

Edited by casv
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Can you tell me where this setting is?

I have 2004 installed and Nvidia driver 452.06. I cannot find this setting...

Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Settings
  1. Open Start Menu and tap on Settings cog icon.
  2. In Settings, click on 'System' and open 'Display' tab.
  3. Under the “Multiple Displays” section, select “Graphics settings”.
  4. Turn on or off “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” option.
  5. Restart the system.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For all those who now get poor performance and stutters, which they didn't get in the Alpha/Beta testing ......

When I run littlenavmap  on my second monitor, the framerate plummets and I get stutters which I have never had before.  Close littlenavmap and all is well again. It may also happen with other applications running on the other monitor.

Something has changed between the Beta and Release that causes this to happen - I would be very happy if somebody could find the solution.

Dave.

17 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Performance is the worst i've seen in a sim for me. I've tried all setting presets & even reduced some further. It stutters horribly & i'm baffled why. I installed the sim on a SSD, Running i7700k with 1080ti, I have 16gb DDR4 ram. I know many have said to get 32gb but i've seen some have far better performance with lower specs than mine.

I'm puzzled and have absolutely no idea what else to do or try to get some smooth experience. I have a 4K monitor and played around with the resolution to see if that would make a difference and none at all.

I have the same config and experiencing occasional huge stutters with 100% CPU usage and HDD light on, even though only 11 GB of RAM are occupied and the average framerate is 40-50 fps.

Just a curiosity: did the sim suggest you MEDIUM settings when you installed it? Because there is another guy in this thread with lower specs than us (CPU and GPU) but 32 GB and the sim suggested HIGH.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Same issues here on my desktop Not the best gear, I know, but haven't had much trouble running anything until now. Laptop is fine though.

i5-6600k @ 4.7 GHz and GTX 1070 @ 1080p runs bad on all settings. GPU utilization around 30% CPU pegged at 100% with extreme stuttering. Even in the menu. Tried FPS limiters at 30 fps, 15 fps etc with little difference. VSYNC on or off makes no difference.

Laptop with i7 9750H and RTX 2060 runs great @ 1080p ca. 38-43 fluid at EGLC with no stutters. CPU utilization around 60% GPU 100%.

Edited by TheRandomGuy
Profanity, what a joke...
  • Like 1

Performance is pretty good here. My 1080ti seems to be the only component that will need to be replaced when the 3080ti comes out. Running at high settings on a 4K @ 30hz display I hold 30FPS 95% of the time. My GPU is around 70-100% while my 8086k@5.1Ghz is between 20-60% usage. I’m also only running 16gb of 3600 CL15 ram. I also re-enable hypertheading.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

29 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I have the same config and experiencing occasional huge stutters with 100% CPU usage and HDD light on, even though only 11 GB of RAM are occupied and the average framerate is 40-50 fps.

Just a curiosity: did the sim suggest you MEDIUM settings when you installed it? Because there is another guy in this thread with lower specs than us (CPU and GPU) but 32 GB and the sim suggested HIGH.

That was me. I have the same setup but 32gb ram and it suggested High settings for me. Resolution is at 1080P.

I limited my FPS to 30. Flying with GA on the countryside I could limit it on 60. Running smoothly, I'm just having some major stuttering with my CPU reaching 100% value, looking for a fix to it.

Edited by andrecarli737
  • Like 1

imyj2f-5.png