Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

No - performance is downhill from there for you.

You are posting in a thread about performance where the vast majority of feedback on the performance is positive - which is especially pertinent given that people tend to complain when they are dissatisfied but don't say anything when they are pleased/content. There have already been a few third party induced issues (simconnect etc) that have already remedied a few people's problems.

Exacly. Just say YOU are having issues. Not everyone.
I have no problem whatsoever.  Even with lots of ai and busy areas.

Rural areas about 50 to 60 FPS. Custom setting (mixed with ultra and high setting) Ultra mostly.  In New york with AI plane 747  about 35 to 42 FPS.

I am very happy. No stuttering. Everything runs very smooth.

I am running this sim on 17 inch laptop. 32gb ram, i9 core 10th gen CPU, 3 cooling pipes an d3 fans, RTX 2080 super, 2gb SSD, 300 hz refresh rate monitor.

Resolution 1920x1080.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Everything is  smooth on my rig at KSEA/KBFI.  Granted its a high spec system.  5ghz i9900k and 2080ti.

I ran 2560x1440, the setup program chose Ultra.  Maybe a few stutters when loading a complex area.

I rate  the performance and graphics = excellent and better than expected.

I have a good feeling about the VR performance.  

8 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It's hilarious whats brought up here as desperate fixes... RAM, Hyperthreading, rolling cache... when it's just Asobo who dropped the ball. 

27 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It's not us, and there is nothing we can fix. Frametimes (stutters) are horrendous, and at 1080p, the GPU is useless.

39 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Well, there you go, it's not "our system". Basically, it's FSX tech - CPU bottlenecked, bad GPU usage, wildly varying loads depending on plane. Asobos descision to go with DX11, what a fail. 

Up to 74% FPS loss by plane - good night PMDG.

10 hours ago, Colonel X said:

What a shatshow, releasing an optimized driver that makes things worse. 

10 hours ago, Colonel X said:

it's Asobo who failed to optimize their sim. But by now I think it's clear - it was released at least a couple of months early, with thousands of alpha / beta tickets unresolved.

22 hours ago, Colonel X said:

It's also the best way to prevent MS to make any profit with this borked launch. 

23 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Hard to say. Perf. is horrible at LAX, but the stutters are also there at SFO. During my testing it felt like it got worse by the hour, so I don't think it's related to scenery data. I mean we've all been there, FSX and P3D stutters have frustrated for years, and here's the new sim on the same codebase.

23 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I don't think it's a hardware issue. Modern game engines usually run fast und stutter free on all modern CPU's and GPU's. There's only two brands for each after all. Asobo rushed this out of the door, more or less completely unoptimized. A month ago, the sim was in ALPHA, other games take years from alpha to launch. It's just unconcievable to me.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, Colonel X said:

After two days of testing one thing is clear. Take an airliner, go to a big hub, and performance will be ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It doesn't even matter if LOW (28FPS) or ULTRA (21FPS) the sim just crawles at, for example, LAX (07L). Really don't see how this should work as a 'platform'. And that is after turning AI off, on a 1080ti... Asobo seems to have failed in some way managing the load - it works nicely in rural areas, but it all seems to fall apart once things heat up.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:45 PM, Colonel X said:

The EDDS thing is just embarrassing for Asobo, nothing else.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Colonel X said:

Yeah it'll change the game to 15FPS.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:29 PM, Colonel X said:

It's pretty clear at this point that Asobo was overwhelmed with this project and the agressive release timing. The beta period was a joke, and basically all of the bugs are in final. Thank Microsoft.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:27 PM, Colonel X said:

I will try this. It doesn't make much sense though.

It's really funny in this forum, people are so used to the sluggish perf. of P3D, they seem so easy to impress... coming from X-Plane, thr raw performance of FS20 is just a world of pain.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:16 PM, Colonel X said:

Oh my. Just wanted to take the 747-8 for a spin. It's completely broken. The autopilot doesn't work at all, and everybody is dead now.

What a shame they released the sim in this state.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, Colonel X said:

Well I have tried all night. The stutters seem to be independent from the settings, it's just unoptimized code. It was a rushed release, so there's hope for patches. In this state, VR is completely off the table, probably complex planes too, so Asobo has to work on this.

The RAM theory remains a myth until proven - never has (more than sufficient) RAM improved smoothness in a flight sim.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, Colonel X said:

Still an achievement how Asobo tricked all major gaming outlets, even the most respected ones, to shell out the 10/10 reviews. I mean of course a regular gamer can't grasp a flight simulator, but there are many, many issues that go unnoticed in the reviews.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, Colonel X said:

It's just that some people either do not recognise these stutters, or they ignore them.

Well, you're arguably running one of the best systems money can buy these days. Of course you get high performance. You're still getting the same stutters as everyone else. 

I'm starting to think you might not like the sim. Perhaps you should go for some fresh air?

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, kaha said:

It's difficult to show it in a video. Take a look at that one:

https://vimeo.com/449436024

I stripped down the settings a bit so the sim does solid 60+ and locked it to 60 with Vsync on. Doing the pan in the sim I do not see a single stutter or any jerkyness. When I switch on video capture there is a bit of jerkyness. And in the video itself it's even more visible.

So, It's like that, cannot do any better.

Karl

Thanks for making that one!  I think that looks more like motion blur than a stutter/jerk.  I'm impressed at 4k.  The new 30 series from NVIDIA is going to be pretty wonderful considering that the better 20 cards are doing this well already.

• Like 1

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

15 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I'm starting to think you might not like the sim. Perhaps you should go for some fresh air?

Thanks for taking the time to collect my posts. Some of the most accurate in this forum.

You are correct, after 2 days of testing I basically had it. Not touching it until things (which are now confirmed by many media outlets) improve. 

I am just here to help a few lost souls who think there is a setting or fix for what is purely an unfinished product.

How about you get some fresh air, then load up the A320 at LAX and enjoy some stutters?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Thanks for taking the time to collect my posts. Some of the most accurate in this forum.

You are correct, after 2 days of testing I basically had it. Not touching it until things (which are now confirmed by many media outlets) improve. 

I am just here to help a few lost souls who think there is a setting or fix for what is purely an unfinished product.

How about you get some fresh air, then load up the A320 at LAX and enjoy some stutters?

Butter smooth at LAX thanks. 

• Upvote 1

1080p, i7 8700, RTX 2070, 16 Gb RAM, preset high, average 35 fps with 747, with GA aircraft it goes to 50 fps. With P3D and PMDG 747 i can  do better than this. I'm curious what will be the performance hit with PMDG plane.

Iranildo Araújo

11 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Butter smooth at LAX thanks. 

Sure. You're delusional.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Just now, Colonel X said:

Sure. You're delusional.

Am I delusional as well in that I have no stutters and have been averaging 40-50 FPS? 

Seems to be working just fine many people. 

Stop stirring up drama. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

So I rolled back my drivers and I'm getting the same performance I was getting during the alpha which is no stutters and fluid FPS. The new drivers were causing issues and so were the 451.57 drivers so I had revert back to 451.48.

Here's a short clip I did last night flying out of London City which is one airport I used as a benchmark during testing.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 1

I'm set to high (see signature for PC spec) on a 1.1 Gbps broadband connection. I haven't suffered a stutter so far and its really fluid.

I did decide that I wasn't happy with London so I purchased the Orbx City Pack and City Airport. Really pleased as London looks far better so worth it but it does need some further work which Orbx have responded positively to.

Ive also checked out Ibiza, Lanzarote, Las Vegas, LA, NYC & Cuba. I've never seen anything look and perform so well out of the box figuratively speaking. Stunned by Manhattan (absolutely no hit on performance) and Las Vegas.

i9-10900k @ 5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 | 970 EVO M.2 Boot Drive | 870 EVO SSD Sim Drive | ROG Strix RTX 3080 Ti O12G Gaming
i7-4790k @ 4GHz | 32GB DDR3 2133MHz | KINGSTON V300 SSD Boot Drive | AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 551.86 WHQL | Oculus Runtime 29.0.0.54.528 | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | Xbox Series X | T.Flight Hotas One | Steam Deck | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

9 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

1.1 Gbps broadband connection

A what?! Are you from the future? 

33 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

A what?! Are you from the future? 

I can get almost that speed also but they charge almost double what I’m already paying lol. I’m on 350Mb and it’s £42 a month with a tv package, evening and weekend landline and unlimited mins/texts/4GB data sim. Gigabit is £71 for just the internet. I hear that some European countries have good coverage of fibre.

I posted this in another thread but I thought it might be good here also since some of us were posting about the strange stutters here.

So I got my stutter problems solved! The sim is way smoother and higher FPS. I achieved this by killing lightingservice.exe in my task manager, this is used for RGB lighting on ASUS products I believe. So crack open task manager and try some things, see what might be causing your stutters. Someone on the MSFS forum said his stutters went away just by opening and switching to task manager but when he switched back to MSFS the stutters came back.

Not saying you need to but I did do a re-download/install. This time I made sure the sim went to the same drive. During the Steam install I pointed it to my F: drive and it made a steamlibrary folder there. When it came time to install MSFS I created a folder on the F: Drive named Packages. I also installed the latest NVIDIA drivers again. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Hello,

I am having issues.

My rig: i7-6700, 32GB Ram, 1070 8GB, SSD, Dual Monitor (one 4k, one 27" widescreen for Discord and such).

I get 10 - 20 frames and average 16. The game seems to be smooth enough when I swivel the camera and fly the plane(ie. it is smooth with no signs of a slide show). I do get microstutters.

I use the dev mode fps counter to measure my fps. I usually use high settings, but here is the kicker. I can use any settings, notice the change in visuals with out it effecting the fps. Same goes for lowering the resolution(except  640p.

So is the fps reporting bad? Does the game account for poor fps rates in some way?

I would be happy with a consistent 30 fps.

Thanks