Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

6 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Here's how rank is calculated:

"credits" divided by "postcount" times "years active".

Colonel X = 770/1.263 * 13 = 7.93

ckyliu = 877/2.183 * 14 = 5.62

Did you just make that up? More importantly, do you actually believe that?

1 minute ago, justadude said:

Did you just make that up? More importantly, do you actually believe that?

Well there is two angles to this:

1. We're all pretty sad dudes hanging out in a flight sim forum during summer.

2. Exactly as I laid it down above.

Your choice.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I have to agree with Colonel X here, something is definitely wrong and needs to be fixed by Asobo.

Upon launch, MSFS automatically defaults to High but I'm getting insane micro and macro stutters, lasting anywhere from a couple of seconds to minutes. They are there from start to finish. FPS is high (but unflyable) regardless of what settings I choose.

Specs

• i7-7700K
  • GTX 1080
  • 32 GB RAM
  • SSD
  • 1920x1080

Screenshot below was taken using the following settings

• Preset set to Low
  • AI off
  • Multiplayer off
  • Vehicles and boats off
  • Rolling cache on/off (tried both)
  • HT on/off (tried both)
  • HAGS on/off (tried both)
  • Vsync on/off (tried both)
  • Half resync rate using both Nvidia Control Panel and Rivatuner
  • Antivirus, antispyware and antimalware completely shut off

MkbqrcZ.png

Two days in with extensive testing and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. Again, settings appear to make no difference whatsoever.. the crazy stutters remain. My system is stable with zero issues outside of MSFS.

Asobo, please fix this. Your simulator is gorgeous but it is literally unusable right now. That being said, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Speak for yourself. I'm being help down by a pandemic. 😀

Sometimes is better to just let people learn on their own.

It's more rewarding.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 minutes ago, justadude said:

I do not care about your numbers, or years of service. I judge you by your responses toward the topic and those have been woefully lacking in this thread. Lower echelon material... well, really bottom of the barrel if I am honest.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

10 minutes ago, justadude said:

Now, I am going to go out on a limb and say that while you are well spoken and have offered help in the past, your main aim in this thread is to be divisive. 

This thread is about performance issues. I am sorry if there's not much positivity from my side, I happen to just spell it out as it is, that's just what the Colonel does, and some people really appreciate that. As soon as I find something of help for others, you can be sure I'll share it here, too. Right now, it's just a world of pain, and there's absolutely no reason to deny or gloss over it.

• Like 1

-

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Well there is two angles to this:

2. Exactly as I laid it down above.

Your choice.

Well, those are the angles you can see. I see quite a few more.

I wish you well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Did you just assume my gender AND my hemisphere??

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, justadude said:

Well, those are the angles you can see. I see quite a few more.

I wish you well.

Of course, there's infinite angles, as with everything in life.

Just awarded you with your first reputation point. 

Edited by Colonel X

-

Oh the colonel is awake, brace ourselves...... tin hats on...........

Performance wise I’m having a great time on the new platform and it’s only day 3. 

• Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

This thread is about performance issues. I am sorry if there's not much positivity from my side, I happen to just spell it out as it is, that's just what the Colonel does, and some people really appreciate that. As soon as I find something of help for others, you can be sure I'll share it here, too. Right now, it's just a world of pain, and there's absolutely no reason to deny or gloss over it.

But then how was I able to gain 20 fps while remaining at high settings? as the expert you claim to be, you should be able to produce a similar solution in nothing flat...

I do not feel this world of pain, but maybe that is because I know the score with flight sims and that they are constantly being developed further. All in all, I am happy with the release, the development it has made since day one Alpha and am hopeful for the future. There are many that feel the same way.

So why is it your opinion that it is just a world of pain? Are you in a world of pain?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, justadude said:

But then how was I able to gain 20 fps while remaining at high settings? as the expert you claim to be, you should be able to produce a similar solution in nothing flat...

I do not feel this world of pain, but maybe that is because I know the score with flight sims and that they are constantly being developed further. All in all, I am happy with the release, the development it has made since day one Alpha and am hopeful for the future. There are many that feel the same way.

So why is it your opinion that it is just a world of pain? Are you in a world of pain?

It's not even about FPS, they were expected to be difficult. It's the microstutters. They are extremely hard to diagnose and fix (ask Laminar), and the sheer amount of them in Asobosim are testament to the quality of their code. It's a world of pain because they're the sigle most distracting visual issue in flight simulation, and yet Asobo didn't care to release the sim this way. It just spells a lot, and while I do hope they can fix this (it's really hoping as DX11 is an outdated API), it spoils all the rest of the sim - at least for people who do care about fluidity, which is essential for flight simulation.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Lag, freezes, stuttering, glitching, even in the menu, no matter what fps. Luckily DCS Syria map is out to make me feel better.

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It's not even about FPS, they were expected to be difficult. It's the microstutters. They are extremely hard to diagnose and fix (ask Laminar), and the sheer amount of them in Asobosim are testament to the quality of their code. It's a world of pain because they're the sigle most distracting visual issue in flight simulation, and yet Asobo didn't care to release the sim this way. It just spells a lot, and while I do hope they can fix this (it's really hoping as DX11 is an outdated API), it spoils all the rest of the sim - at least for people who do care about fluidity, which is essential for flight simulation.

All my posts was about FPS, not mircostutters. I mentioned microstutters, but I ask for help on FPS. I am not interested in your expert opinion on the state of the game. I came here for help with FPS. You, the Colonel, "in terms of credibility, by the numbers, in the upper echelon" with years of serving and super high rank, so far, have provided none and now you change the subject...

I understand that microstutters are super annoying, hopefully can be fixed, but honestly, for me, it is not the end of the world. I do respect that they are super annoying for you.

Ps. Thank you for my first reputation point. I will wear it as a badge of honor, knowing that, coming from you, I earned it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To increase FPS, lower your settings, easy as that. Sorry but in this case, the Colonel can't offer magic. For many however, not even lowering settings works efficiently.

-

I'm usually not much active on these forums, but I will chime in with what I've found so far.

I'm currently running the sim with an i7 6700 (non K, usually boosts to 3.8 to 3.9 Ghz), GTX 1070 and 16GB at 1080p and high settings. For disclaimer this is not my main rig.

From what I've seen so far it seems the sim struggles with older CPUs. I've noticed that the sim refuses to use all the 4 physical cores I've available and the "legacy" Core 0 is very much present here. With process lasso I've manipulated the client to run on Core 2 and I've seen an improvement on performance, but I have never seen the sim to run with more than 2 physical cores, no matter which cores are available/selected.

With high settings, I can count on my hands how many combinations of airports and planes allows the GPU to be utilized at 100%. Usually my GPU sits at 70-80% (inside the cockpit) with the CPU never going above 60%. I'm clearly bottlenecked here by the CPU and I'm using GA aircraft with medium size airports (e.g. default LPPR or Orbx LOWI). FPS-wise it floats around 30-40 fps, but when I change to the A320neo on said airports, the performance degrades and the GPU is never going above 60% with CPU around 50% and FPS dropping to 25-30. I also have stutters during flight, it usually happens when a new tile is loaded with better imagery and autogen. 

From what I've seen recent CPUs allow high end GPUs to go to 100% due to their high clocks and better IPC. But CPU optimization is overdue for MSFS.

Regarding my CPU it isn't throttling, it usually stays at 3.8 Ghz sometimes boosts to 3.9 and I've about 20ºC of headroom before it starts to throttle.

Edited by Azoresst