Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Stuck on 'Press Any Key to Start'

Can someone please tell me where to find this stupid Xbox identity provider app?  I can’t seem to find it anywhere.  I’ve downloaded every Xbox thing I can find on the Microsoft store and updated windows, video drivers, all windows store apps etc and I’m still stuck at the loading screen after checking for updates.  

I am really starting to regret not buying this from steam

thanks, Jason

I did manage to fly in a Cessna, but the application hung up again after the Cessna flight and also when I tried to fly in a Dreamliner which was part of my package.  It seems to favour a completely green screen when hanging up now (hardware reset required).  Currently the application is pretty much unusable - I've wasted a lot of time and money on this.

Is anyone else having similar problems actually using the application, or is everyone else flying around quite happily?

Hello All,

Was stuck with this for days.

Solution:

Created a NEW Windows 10 login account and the MSFS 2020 downloaded and it worked with no problems.

To verify, I went back to my main login account and it never worked. Was always stuck on the 'Press any key to Start'

I also created another Windows 10 account and it worked. Somehow, my main Windows 10 account seems to be not good enough with all the tweaking over the past few months with other installs and adjustments.

Try it. I did all the recommended fixes I found on the web and they all did not work.

Hope this helps..

Edited by aescal
  • Upvote 1

On 8/23/2020 at 12:36 AM, jasonstory44 said:

I am really starting to regret not buying this from steam

One of the few times I have ever recommended to anyone to buy something off steam, but this is that time. 

Hello All,

Was stuck with this for past 10 days since the launch date. 

Solution:

Created a NEW Windows 10 login account and the MSFS 2020 downloaded and it worked with no problems.

To verify, I went back to my main login account and it never worked. Was always stuck on the 'Press any key to Start'

I also created another Windows 10 account and it worked. Somehow, my main Windows 10 account seems to be not good enough with all the tweaking over the past few months with other installs and adjustments. I did all the recommended fixes I found on the web and they all did not work.

The solution was really to have a clean account for it to install.

Hope this helps..

Have been working since launch for me, but when is started it today it showed me this screen "press any key" and nothing happend after that, just same again like loop. 

The thing that fixed was relogging in xbox app. So just logout and then login again worked for me.

When you log into Windows 10 your login to you windows account, I go to the Microsoft Store and your MSFS 2020 is linked to your account. Any user account will use your license to activate. At least this is what I think it is, as I was able to install MSFS2020 twice with 2 different user account I created during testing. My main user account just did not want to work with the MSFS2020

Edited by aescal
to be specific