Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Downloading, gone to the dogs

I started my download (xbox for PC) at 00:05 local time (East AU) and watched progress for about 30 min. All looked good, 10Gb - so I went to bed. 06:00 local time I got up expecting it to be finished (6 hours later) and I’m sitting on 50Gb of 91Gb and after watching for a while the download speed must be down in the Kb/sec.

It will be some time before I will see it finish.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Thanks, but that would mean aborting and starting again. Who knows what trouble that may cause. At least it is still progressing.

I’m assuming it is the download traffic is increasing.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

What happened to “this is Microsoft, they have the bandwidth for this”. Lol aged like milk. I’ll be in the major wave tonight with everyone else at midnight. 🙂

• Upvote 1

You can abort and start the app again! It will resume download where it stopped.

Edited by meerkat

I feel sorry for my western neighbours in Australia, sounds like your servers got a bit busy.

E onrake au kaibuke n te rabon.

Also, I hope that your luck improves soon.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Update. 07:30 local East AU. 64.14Gb of 91.36Gb. So getting some progress. Patience grasshopper.

Yes this is disappointing. Would normally take around 4 hrs to download this in the alpha/beta. Been going for 8 hrs and I am only 70% done.

Started off at full speed and dropped off through the night.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Vienna CET Download startet @ 12 am local time ...5 G in 10 minutes, so far so good. Good night. See you in the sky tomorrow.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, antonvs said:

Update. 07:30 local East AU. 64.14Gb of 91.36Gb. So getting some progress. Patience grasshopper.

Similar issue here, started downloading 00:10am AEST, went well for a while, then word not allowed, sometimes it seemed like restarting the app would help, but now I'm just stuck with ~30GB to go and nothing seems to get the speeds above the Kbps area 😞

I have the same issue, stuck around 30GB to go, and only downloading a kbs speed.
MSFS help page regarding download speed suggested a netsh command to run. I restarted the installer after I ran the command, and instead of continuing to download, it thought that the package was complete and started offering me menu options, even tough 30% of the content was still missing.

After wading through all of the forced options, I quit the program and restarted again.

This time it recognised that not all packages had been downloaded, and recommenced.

However this time its telling me it has downloaded 50 Gig (I was up to 60 gig in the previous install) out of a total of 14.7 Gig.

Clearly to calculations regarding how much left to download are incorrect.

Same here - slow as a wet week in Melbourne, AU. This will take forever on my very modest 100mbps internet.

David Porrett