Sign in to follow this  
jlund

What happens to the Alpha and Beta testers now?

3 minutes ago, bonchie said:

We are being sent to the gallows at midnight tonight.

😋

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

19 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So let me get this straight... In this form of game development Alpha testers work for free and in the end do not even get a free copy of the release candidate?

Way to go...

There was some talk that we weren’t there to alpha\beta test the software, we were just there to stress test the servers. Who knows. It was an interesting experience unlike the other beta testing I’ve done.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

24 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So let me get this straight... In this form of game development Alpha testers work for free and in the end do not even get a free copy of the release candidate?

Way to go...

They were never going to give away 16,000 copies of the game. As testers, we got the game early and did whatever we wanted with it. No one was made to test anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad to have it removed from my hard drive. It's not as good as you may think. Awful performance and terribly unrealistic flight dynamics. The two things I care about most.

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Because every other beta I've ever been on gave one? 🤔

On the FSX beta we received a physical copy of the RTM build as well as being involved in testing the various patches and the Acceleration expansion. I was a little surprised that the testers for MSFS did not get a complimentary copy.

3 minutes ago, bonchie said:

They were never going to give away 16,000 copies of the game. As testers, we got the game early and did whatever we wanted with it. No one was made to test anything.

So you had no specific tasks? You were just flying around and then reported what ever you wanted in the forums, is that how it worked?

I was a tester for Microsoft Flight and they didn't offer me a free copy - but then again, I didn't want one 😏

• Like 1

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

Just now, jcmissionary said:

On the FSX beta we received a physical copy of the RTM build as well as being involved in testing the various patches and the Acceleration expansion. I was a little surprised that the testers for MSFS did not get a complimentary copy.

I also got a free copy at the end of the Microsoft FLIGHT beta. 

For this one, I was not actually expecting anything, but as I said, a slight discount might have been nice. Heck, even an "original tester" badge in steam or something. 😋

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, Farlis said:

So you had no specific tasks? You were just flying around and then reported what ever you wanted in the forums, is that how it worked?

Yes. The only "tasks" were requests to check out airports, but no one made you participate.

The primary goal of the beta/alpha was to stress test the infrastructure and delivery systems. That and to report things that a small team of testers could never do, like random elevation glitches all over the world.

4 minutes ago, benh320 said:

Glad to have it removed from my hard drive. It's not as good as you may think. Awful performance and terribly unrealistic flight dynamics. The two things I care about most.

Sounds good. Have fun with whatever sim you play.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Everything that happened in the alpha beta is still technically under nda, now that I think of it, though i guess it depends how strict they wanna be

Devons rig

Just now, HiFlyer said:

Everything that happened in the alpha beta is still technically under nda, now that I think of it, though i guess it depends how strict they wanna be

So what? Alpha is over. What are they going to do if you break it? Kick you out of the testing team? Withold compensation? 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bonchie said:

We are being sent to the gallows at midnight tonight.

I thought that happened to us some time ago. Please, Not again! 🥴

Edited by RamonB

We get a free copy of the next Windows version when it`s released.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg