Sign in to follow this  
PeterSidoli

Flight Dynamics and Airmass Dynamics

It’s a long time Since I have been in flight simming but the New MSFS has tempted me back! 
From my time working with Rob Young and setting up RealAir Simulations It was a nightmare on the earlier versions to get realistic handling ! I have high hopes for this new sim as well as for the dynamics of the air mass ! 
I hope not all Candy which is obviously brilliant but the air and aircraft have to be alive and dynamic! Hope some still remember me here ? Take care 

• Like 6

Peter, welcome back!

Rob Young has been quite active here over the last week or so..

• Upvote 1

Bert

40 minutes ago, PeterSidoli said:

Hope some still remember me here ?

I remember your name.

2 hours ago, PeterSidoli said:

Hope some still remember me here ?

Since FS98!

2 hours ago, PeterSidoli said:

It’s a long time Since I have been in flight simming but the New MSFS has tempted me back! 
From my time working with Rob Young and setting up RealAir Simulations It was a nightmare on the earlier versions to get realistic handling ! I have high hopes for this new sim as well as for the dynamics of the air mass ! 
I hope not all Candy which is obviously brilliant but the air and aircraft have to be alive and dynamic! Hope some still remember me here ? Take care 

Yep welcome back 🙂

André

I remember you very well.  You flew a twin across the Atlantic, welcome back!

Bob

4 hours ago, PeterSidoli said:

Hope some still remember me

Remember you?...heck, I got divorced because of you.

Makin' all those swell flyin' planes and such...wife claimed abandonment for cryin' out loud!

<meet the new misses> Now, roll up them sleeves and get back to work 😁

14 hours ago, PeterSidoli said:

have high hopes for this new sim as well as for the dynamics of the air mass ! 

Long time, no see.  Welcome back, Peter.  

You raise the right question. Asobo has said that they have built into their engine a simulation of mass dynamics including over the relief. Something new. Did you see the presentation trailer ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I flew Rob Young's models way back in Fly,  Flying this morning out of KBJC over the foothills of the Rocky Mountains west of Boulder, CO and I can confirm that it gets turbulent just like it does in a real airplane.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro