Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

I deleted my previous download after pre order, my PC hung on checking updates not responding, I check task manager and no activities so I end all task. And I look for Premium-Deluxe (for me) in MS Store, after that it went smooth installation, got 90GB download it took me 4hrs to complete installation.

Make sure you're not subscribed to Windows insider

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I had a few hiccups to sort through, now it is delivering content, I am at 26 gb so far after 2 hours so a while to go

In the mean time been killing my time surfing the internet, just found it Michael Dorn AKA Lieutenant Worf from Star Trek is a pilot, and owned a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star and a North American F-86 Sabre, and currently owns a North American Sabreliner. I didn't realize Star Trek paid that much!!! Seems like a cool dude

af_JjEWga1Wn_Lsg3U9hKETYzs6Jltl4z_iNwSPN

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

No issues, waited until the time the store said I could download, clicked 'Play' , went to bed, woke up, had a coffee, got into the new world of flight sim!

Edited by daelight
  • Like 1

So it's 11:30 PM EST. Does that mean we can start downloading from Steam in 30 minuets (9:30 here) in the states? 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

3 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

nightmare here

first the disk

that managed to get trough it; now showing a blue progress bar that do not like to move anywhere

welcome to msfs 2020  

same here, stucked in opening screen with blue bar frozen

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

I had a few hiccups to sort through, now it is delivering content, I am at 26 gb so far after 2 hours so a while to go

In the mean time been killing my time surfing the internet, just found it Michael Dorn AKA Lieutenant Worf from Star Trek is a pilot, and owned a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star and a North American F-86 Sabre, and currently owns a North American Sabreliner. I didn't realize Star Trek paid that much!!! Seems like a cool dude

af_JjEWga1Wn_Lsg3U9hKETYzs6Jltl4z_iNwSPN

where do you check your progress of 26gb?

My install was very smooth....

After uninstalling windows preview build because it wasn't going anywhere, going to store to buy a usb stick, creating a win 10 usb installer usb, formatting my hardrive and reinstalling windows 10.

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

I didn't realize Star Trek paid that much!!!

It had a budget of 1.3 Million Dollars per episode, and that was back in the late Eighties to early Nineties. If you were in it for all 178 episodes, plus some movies and spin offs, plus books, and other deals, that's a lot of cash for your wages to come out of as one of the main characters.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

20 minutes ago, kapitan said:

where do you check your progress of 26gb?

I have Task Manager open at the same time monitoring the network speeds, it has been averaging 17 Mbps for the most part but lower then that now. I am now stuck at 35.18 of 95.15 GB, it is decompressing the base pack now

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

It had a budget of 1.3 Million Dollars per episode, and that was back in the late Eighties to early Nineties. If you were in it for all 178 episodes, plus some movies and spin offs, plus books, and other deals, that's a lot of cash.

That is impressive. Worf was in both TNG and Deep Space Nine plus the movies, so he had 281 appearances as Worf, by far more then any other cast in Star Trek

EDIT: Oh yeah and he also played Colonel Worf (Lieutenant Worf's Father) in the film Undiscovered Country, so he got to work with the original cast as well 

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Did someone say you need Windows 10 v2004 in order to get the sim working properly? Is that correct? Will I be fine if I download / install without it?

I started the download for the windows update but it's stuck at 93% on the installer...

• Like 1

Steam install is live but it's borked, seems to be missing the .EXE file, lol.