Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

installed, all went smooth from 12am kick off.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Finally made some progress and downloading but not without stress and anxiety. Had all sorts of problems and error codes and I had to uninstall before reinstalling. Really sad that MS failed so epically here. Common sense suggests pre-loading over the weekend. 

Hey, things are picking up nicely. Suddenly doing better than a GB a minute. I might stay up for this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

I will say that my list of concerns will now add a new item, "This needs a way to quickly bypass the open splash screens." Seeing those load up every time will get old fast.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

I was installing over my home network but now moved my PC Closer to our Fibre modem and plugged it directly into that, it is now downloading at around 90 Mbps compared to 17 Mbps, it won't take long now. Home Networks suck

10 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Famous last words on my part.  Hung at 5GB downloaded and 85% through a package, application unresponsive, killed in task manager.  Took a while to get going again but is now.

Good thing you can stop and start it anytime without losing any of your download. I will back up that Cache after its installed 

Matthew Kane

I'm loving this MS corporate-speak here. "Recommended content". Oh yeah? What if I don't agree with the "recommendation", can I just choose to download less of that stuff then? 😅

BtHj7IE.jpg

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Anyone else experiencing a slow download? I’m getting approx 18 MB/s on Task Manager and yet MSFS installer only seems to be progressing by about 3 MB/s

Took a few Steam updates, but mine is finally downloading. Had to do a repair to XBox live as well.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So what's with the Install Music??? It is just as bad as the FSX Song 🤣

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

Things were going well, until the install launcher crashed at about 30GB downloaded, and I had to restart it. Instead of picking up where it left off, the sim tried to load and went into the settings selections and such. I had to clear the downloaded data and start over to get it to start downloading again. 9GB in now... *Sigh*

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2