Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

All went smoothly here, pleased to say.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

Good luck. In my case it was likely a corrupt package when Content Manager decided to poop the bed, so I had to re-download everything. Looking at the other forums and reddit and this is turning into quite the cluster...why these packages weren't pushed in advance like a Windows Update is beyond me...

My installation had no issues It took 3 hours however with often long pauses.

UPS123.png

My installation also took about 3 hours, and I didn't really have any hickups after I just went for the gamepass version. My deluxe exition didn't work (insert discs), then again, I had temporarily moved to Kiribati which could have caused some issues as well. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Well, I went through all of that for no reason. Apparently while it's installing the "fs packages" it takes a long time and doesn't show progress as it moves.

Also, two other questions:

(1) Is it bad that I chose a custom directory for the packages instead of the default packages directory it wanted me to use? I figured there's no harm in installing the sim in its own "Microsoft Flight Simulator" folder.

(2) Is it strange that I have a 12-18 MB/s download rate (on Task Manager - the actual thing seems to be progressing MUCH more slowly at around 1-2 MB/s at the most) considering that I get 1 GB/s to the house and in my room with my wifi I get approx 50-100 MB/s at any given time? Even speedtest is showing 45 MB/s while the sim is currently downloading...

Edited by FlyingInACessna

Microsoft is still like a French car. The development team is mostly French, so doesn't surprise me we have issues. X-plane has a much better interface for installation, you can also check your installation for errors and then repair it. Not with MSFS2020. It just hangs.

Edited by CVEP
add something

Im installing now for the third time.
The sim not load the blue bar, and on task manager it stops responding.  

I tried every possible ways and it doesn't work.

I do not know what else to do.

1 minute ago, andrevieira said:

Im installing now for the third time.
The sim not load the blue bar, and on task manager it stops responding.  

I tried every possible ways and it doesn't work.

I do not know what else to do.

I installed complete package and when I start the game  the blue bar reaches 80% and hangs   of course the music continously on and reminds me to do meditation...unfortunately my internet is down for maintenance 

14 minutes ago, CVEP said:

Microsoft is still like a French car. The development team is mostly French, so doesn't surprise me we have issues. X-plane has a much better interface for installation, you can also check your installation for errors and then repair it. Not with MSFS2020. It just hangs.

What? What does being French have to do with anything?

Edited by FlyingInACessna

36 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yep, I had something similar happen to me. After restarting the client I was brought to the experience set-up prompt with broken dialogues, but then it would turn into a black screen and just stay there once the loading bar was filled.

Go to X:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3478569023-4011906951-532946707-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and delete the FlightSimulator.CFG and UserCfg.opt files. If that doesn't work, go further to Packages\Official\OneStore and use the time stamps to locate the most recent downloaded file. Delete that (might be necessary to delete one more too) and try again.

My dude, you are a legend! (Sorry, watched too many Twitch streams in the past 24 hours)

• Like 2

Chris

My installation was very smooth from purchase to starting the sim. I bought the premium edition. 

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

18 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

What? What does being French have to do with anything?

You've obviously never owned a French car. They're nice, but not very reliable. From all the repair costs you can easily afford an Audi. Same with MSFS2020. It should just install and work, but no, we have to delete a hidden file in order to make it run. This just reminds me of the times when we turned off the radio in my father's Peugeot when the weather report was on the radio, so it wouldn't hear it and act up.