Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

Can anyone help out - I'm getting 45 MB/s download speed on speed test, but task manager shows the download progressing at a mere 500 KB/s.. Are the servers just really that overloaded? If my internet speed isn't as big a factor, why have others been able to download it in 3 hours? I'm currently on hour 12 😞

My install took about 2 hrs (100 Mbs connection) $119 version.

I had to restart once as I got the stuck blue line.

Then it took a while and 2 restarts (of the program, not Windows) for the actual program to start but no major issues.

Runs very smoothly on my machine even with 3 HD screens in NVIDIA Surround, high to medium settings. Lots of tuning coming up. My system description in signature. 

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I just clicked the MSFS link on my desktop and it started the download. Took about an hour for the install. No issues.....yet. 🙂

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Everything went smoothly here. I started the download, went to work and when I got back everything was installed. The sim runs like a charm. The only thing I‘m not quite sure about is whether all premium deluxe content is installed. Heathrow and the 787 are there, so I guess it’s complete, but when I look at the MSFS folder it says 108 GB. Is that the full size? I thought it‘d be 127 GB or something. Also, what do I have to do with the digital ownership thingy?

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I'm really cheesed off, I went out to work this morning with about 91 GB remaining, came back home this evening to find the installer crashed so I restarted it and it shows there's still 90 GB to download, must've crashed just after I left. 😠 Microsoft, sort your crappy launcher out!

5 hours to go by my reckoning on my 50 Mbps connection, I'll be in chuffing bed again by then!  😡 Steam says I've been playing it for 8 hours, yeah right!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Mine froze and won't restart. MS Store. I am literally about to effing vomit.

A lot of people seem not having problems, unfortunately I'm not in the same boat.

When I download it works fine, at full speed, until I have 984.3mb then it all just stops and refuses to restart.

Premium Deluxe Version from MS Store.

I've tried WSReset, all updates for the Store, Windows, Drivers, X_Box App etc to no avail.

I expect I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try again now.

😥

Blackrat

I started the download at midnight, went to sleep and came back at 8 am to find it fully downloaded.  However, it only installed the basic game and I paid for the premium delux.  I bought the game on steam, and on their forum the devs say they are aware of the issue.  So for anyone with the same problem, they are working on it.  I have been playing the basic game this morning and all is well, no crashes.

4 hours ago, malct said:

Going out for a walk to clear the head, Someone told me to download Xbox pass app and download from there, but still the same issue..

I am hoping someone will do a youtube video to help with this issue

Lol. Same. I haven't even tried to install yet because of all the confusion involved with this thing. That, and some of the nightmare stories people are having. Christ, how hard can it be MS? Should open the launcher, select where you want the sim to go and hit enter. You know, like every other game install? 😡

Yes

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Finally got to download screen and just keeps attempting to install asobo-flight-tutorials-basicintruments-0.1.22.fspackage. It  will download some % (farthest it got was 16) then say please wait and starts back at 0 again

Edited by DaveS
correction

23 minutes ago, jhelix70 said:

I started the download at midnight, went to sleep and came back at 8 am to find it fully downloaded.  However, it only installed the basic game and I paid for the premium delux.  I bought the game on steam, and on their forum the devs say they are aware of the issue.  So for anyone with the same problem, they are working on it.  I have been playing the basic game this morning and all is well, no crashes.

I read that information and that one should shut down the sim, shut down steam and restart it. I did one better and restarted my system after I did a quick fly around to find my house... restarted steam and the sim. It checked for updates and is at this time is downloading and installing the new premium content I bought. Give it a try.

• Like 1

Hi,

I´ve the same problem, tried it multiple times first big package "asobo-flight-tutorials-basicintruments-0.1.22.fspackag" it permanently reloads, somehow it goes trough but it get stucked then by the next big file i tried full reinstall 3times today no success, all other downloads and connections are working fine, does anybody have a clue what to do? 

50 minutes ago, Blackrat100 said:

A lot of people seem not having problems, unfortunately I'm not in the same boat.

When I download it works fine, at full speed, until I have 984.3mb then it all just stops and refuses to restart.

Premium Deluxe Version from MS Store.

I've tried WSReset, all updates for the Store, Windows, Drivers, X_Box App etc to no avail.

I expect I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try again now.

😥

I am in the same boat, Let me know if you get a fix, I might phone them