Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkSoulitude

What's up with the bizarre upgrade edition pricing?

Who knows?  Not us mere mortals.  People go to school for a long time to learn to set prices like that. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It's the 'ooh, they've made a mistake, quick buy it before they notice' school of sneaky marketing.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What's more, the pricing is showing like that for me, even though I am using the Gamepass installation. Therefore, it appears I could get Premium Deluxe for a total of £70.99, not having even spent a penny on Gamepass itself. 

To risk or not to risk?🤔 If it doesn't work, can I be sure of getting a refund? In theory, I suppose I should have the right to cancel, but if there's a glitch and there's no record I bought it...😶

If my purchase is rejected, that's one thing, and I could hardly cry foul, but if something goes wrong, that could be harder to resolve.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

9 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

What's more, the pricing is showing like that for me, even though I am using the Gamepass installation. Therefore, it appears I could get Premium Deluxe for a total of £70.99, not having even spent a penny on Gamepass itself. 

To risk or not to risk?🤔 If it doesn't work, can I be sure of getting a refund? In theory, I suppose I should have the right to cancel, but if there's a glitch and there's no record I bought it...😶

If my purchase is rejected, that's one thing, and I could hardly cry foul, but if something goes wrong, that could be harder to resolve.

But does it also include the base game or just the upgrade to that edition? 
IE: the extra few planes.

Cheers

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

10 minutes ago, AntillesFlyer said:

But does it also include the base game or just the upgrade to that edition? 
IE: the extra few planes.

Cheers

Brendon

The Premium deluxe upgrade claims to "Include everything from MSFS plus 10... plus 10..." , so yes the wording says that it's the base game plus the 10 airports and aircraft.

Unless it only works if you continue using Gamepass, but there's no t&c condition about that. The purchase gives you the necessary 'Flightsim Credits" to make the purchase.

I have an option to buy all 3 versions in Gamepass, so it does seem like it's not necessary to keep using Gamepass, otherwise why would the base version be offered too?

Premium upgrade: £66.99

Deluxe upgrade:£83.49

Premium Deluxe upgrade: £70.99

Yes, those are in the right order.

What UK prices are others seeing, both those who have bought the sim and those who are trialling on Gamepass?

Correction, they are all upgrades!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

20 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

You are only paying for the upgrade. When your gamepass expires, you will have to buy the base game otherwise it won't launch.

1 minute ago, cepact said:

You are only paying for the upgrade. When your gamepass expires, you will have to buy the base game otherwise it won't launch.

That's what I was wondering, but I haven't seen anything to say that so far in the conditions. Is that something they've done with other Gamepass offerings or is that just an educated guess on your part?

3 minutes ago, cepact said:

A guess

Fair enough. I see nothing in the Terms of Sale to support your theory (not to say you're wrong). It's one of these "if it seems to good to be true" quandaries...

If it didn't work at all, fine, nothing lost. But if it ended up requiring continuation of Gamepass (which I don't intend doing once my free subscription runs out), that would be a different matter.

The catch in trying it is that when you go to buy one of them it says 

By selecting Buy, you agree to the Store terms of sale and you'll have immediate access to your content and thus lose any right to a "cooling-off" period to cancel this purchase and get a refund. You'll be charged immediately.

So in other words, tough if you didn't get what you thought you were getting! Either way, they really should make it clear if it requires continued membership of Gamepass.

8 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

this sim is a keeper, totally worth a buy.....amazing product for us to fly until MSFS 2040 release👍

Yes, but that's not really the issue under discussion.

I'm really intrigued by this as well as I also grabbed the game pass and am trying to work out which one is worth it as well.

Cheers

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

I'm also interested if anyone finds anything out about this, I've been searching the google. I have the gamepass version. Interested in using the upgrade to premium deluxe. If it includes base game I'll go that route, but if not I'm thinking of waiting for deluxe premium to go on sale at steam and then let gamepass just expire when my months run out

I contacted Xbox customer support and asked.  I was told that the upgrade to Premium Deluce (USD 84.99 for me) includes the Standard Edition and I do not need to stay subscribed to Game Pass.

I think I'll try it. 

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.