Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Courchevel landing challenge, show us what you've got...

That A320 at Madeira landing challenge is kicking my butt. I almost got a good one but my aircraft decided to do a go around on it's own. I couldn't even take back control.

• Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a video tutorial I made on how to score a perfect landing in Courchevel challenge. I just got my PPL and was applying skills that my CFI taught me. I hope this video helps: post your scores - I'd love to see!

The scores have increased somewhat in the last couple of weeks.

I’m currently lying in position #110 with a score of 1765640.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Might have to have another crack at it since I guess it will be disappearing soon.

Alan Bradbury

I suspect the trick might be to use the “arcade view” , I’ve been doing it from in the cockpit but of course you lose sight of the target during the flair.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

43 minutes ago, jon b said:

I suspect the trick might be to use the “arcade view” , I’ve been doing it from in the cockpit but of course you lose sight of the target during the flair.

I find it's a lot harder to try and do landings with the external view, because it becomes a lot more difficult to judge your distance from the runway.

• Upvote 1

You’re right, I just tried it and got flash backs of  microprose “ solo flight “ and spun in on short finals .

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

On 9/7/2020 at 2:42 PM, Chock said:

Might have to have another crack at it since I guess it will be disappearing soon.

What? Courchevel is closing? :unsure: Confused.

Besides I've landed and take off from Courchevel in a Blackburn Beverley so all you single prop GA fliers are just playing at it! :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

What? Courchevel is closing? :unsure: Confused.

Besides I've landed and take off from Courchevel in a Blackburn Beverley so all you single prop GA fliers are just playing at it! :biggrin: 

Nah, the challenge in the sim is on a time limit. Allegedly they're gonna be two week affairs, but with this being the first one, it's been up longer than that but I presume it will eventually be ousted by a new challenge.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2