Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Courchevel landing challenge, show us what you've got...

59 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

So many things that are truly not working Im not sure if they will every be fixed. Take Seasons for example. Everyone says when bing updates the planet we will have seasons. I have interstate constructions projects on my Scenery that were completed over a year ago. How are they going to update the seasons. And the trees are evergreen all year around. There are no trees without leaves. 

Perhaps I dont understand. My Only reference is DCS. When DCS released a DLC as beta everything worked correctly except those things they clearly stated are not integrated yet. There are very few bugs and they are addressed very quickly.

I know its all been said before and I know most people are tired of hearing about it. And its only been a couple of weeks since release. But right now after the new wears off except for VFR the immersion is not there yet at least for me. 

Den, i’m not sure this has much to do with buttering the bread on the landing challenges!

Good work with the guys who nailed a top 10 spot. Splendid job, chaps!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 8/26/2020 at 11:09 PM, kirillc said:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a video tutorial I made on how to score a perfect landing in Courchevel challenge. I just got my PPL and was applying skills that my CFI taught me. I hope this video helps: post your scores - I'd love to see!

I didnt do a perfect landing but your video helped me jump 40000 places 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂  Thank You!!!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Not Courchevel but I did hold the #1 spot on the Sedona landing challenge for about 16 hours or so. 😂

117666901_701835680403550_21769923468569

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

16 hours ago, WestAir said:

Not Courchevel but I did hold the #1 spot on the Sedona landing challenge for about 16 hours or so. 😂

117666901_701835680403550_21769923468569

Number one is a seriously impressive achievement. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I scored 1803613 and 67th spot. Can someone tell me how to upload a picture on this site please.

6 minutes ago, Lyurdatap said:

I scored 1803613 and 67th spot. Can someone tell me how to upload a picture on this site please.

Go to Imgur.com Upload a pic, click on the icon at the top top right of an uploaded pic, copy the BBCode (message boards & forums) bit of text, then paste that bit of text in your post.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Could someone explain the ground roll component of these challenges. I had been assuming it meant that you needed to stop in as short a distance as possible. I now know that not to be the case. Is it how far you drift from the centerline during your roll?

Thanks

It’s just your actual touch down spot and how near that is to the target, laterally and longitudinally, the roll out isn’t assessed 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.