Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Blue bar won’t move (pre-download)

Does anyone else have any their screen stuck on the pic of the TBM with a blue bar that has moved approximately 1/4 of the way? It hasn’t moved for 5-10 mins. Restarted installer 5 times now. Sometimes different windows will come up with prompts regarding file location / settings each time I start up, but it always ends up stuck on this blue bar.

• Like 1

Just now, JughedJones said:

just chill

Not helpful... I’m seeing everyone else here cruise with their downloads and I can’t even find a way to start mine!

• Upvote 1

I'm having the same problem. I have a 1gb down that is not moving at all. Monitoring the connection it is not recording any movement although it shows it as active.

I can surf the net at full speed. 

MrBill

• Upvote 1

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

I had this problem a few times after I aborted the install when it was installing on the wrong drive.  A simple reboot fixed it in my case!

Now installing on my dedicated Flight Simulator D drive hopefully!

7 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Not helpful... I’m seeing everyone else here cruise with their downloads and I can’t even find a way to start mine!

I'm sorry, brother. 

I figured it out if you're working steam too. 

Just cancel it and try again till MS asks you where you want to install. 

If its not the default drive for you... make a new folder.  I called mine MSFS.    (WHACKY I know.)

I'm downloading at great speeds now.  

hope it helps and sorry for being a dink. 

• Like 1

I had the same problem. I rebooted then relaunched MSFS as administrator. It loaded past where I was stuck in a flash and now i'm downloading the 95GB of content... forever!

Chris Lezama

3 minutes ago, truthknown said:

I had the same problem. I rebooted then relaunched MSFS as administrator. It loaded past where I was stuck in a flash and now i'm downloading the 95GB of content... forever!

Out of curiosity, did you get the Premium Deluxe version too? I saw 127 GB on the MS store but it’s only downloading 95 GB in the installer.

8 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

hope it helps and sorry for being a dink.

No worries & glad to hear your install is going well 🙂 I’m stuck here under 1 GB still and it’s progressing quite slowly. I’d approximate it at 2-3 MB/s in the installer but task manager is showing 15-20 MB/s. I think MS servers are limiting me because I went on speedtest while the download was happening and the receive rate surged to 50 MB/s.

if the blue bar doesn't move. restart.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

if the blue bar doesn't move. restart.

Did this 5 times to no avail. If the blue bar doesn’t move, you’ve got an issue on your hands. For me it was (1) Xbox Game Bar needed updating in the MS Store and (2) I needed to run as an administrator. Doing these two things made it progress immediately with no hold up.

50 minutes ago, mrbill38119 said:

I'm having the same problem. I have a 1gb down that is not moving at all. Monitoring the connection it is not recording any movement although it shows it as active.

I can surf the net at full speed. 

MrBill

Started out with a Windows insider Build and it wouldn't work with the installer. Wiped drive and started with a new windows because I was still tied to the preview. Rebuilt most of the settings and drivers. Finally I was ready to go when I got the stuck blue bar and took the excellent advice to turn it off. Now for the install. Now my install drive isn't showing up to install to and had to reassign several drive letters in disk management. Finally, I was really ready for the install and everything is installing great.

Thanks FlyingInACessna!

• Like 1

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

Same problem here...

I tried a lot of times, and blue bar still stop at the same point.

update Windows 10, run on Admin, turn off firewall and virus... and not work.

I dont know what happens.... i buy directly from Microsoft store