Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

first problem with MSFS2020 No clickable open icon???

Hello all,

This is going to sound strange, but I am having trouble finding a link to my pre-ordered premium deluxe download.

At this time all I can find are links to buy the programme again ie "add to cart". I cannot find any link to the actual download. Could somebody actually point me in the right direction please?.

Regards,

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Have you gone to the Microsoft Store (in the Start Menu) and looked for it there?

Lord knows what happened just then.  

Hello all,

I have managed to download and install my beloved FS and I was trying to sort my way though controller allocations when I accidently deleted my aileron axis. I cannot find a way to reinstall or allocate my aileron axis (Saitek yoke)  

I then thought I would escape and start again but I now have no icon on the desktop to click on to get back into my flight simulator programme. 

How do I start my MSFS2020 again. Can anyone help me please???

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Maddog,

I do not know how I managed to repeat that initial post.  That has in fact been satisfactorily resolved. Sorry to confuse any/everybody.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I've got a better one! I was an alpha and beta tester for MSFS2020. I had no problems participating, downloading and installing every update. So when MS came out with the pre-purchase, I paid for it 2 weeks in advance and purchased the Premium Deluxe version.

One August 18th, I went to the MS Store and downloaded what was supposed to be the PD version. Funny, but it was only 97 Gb, which was the file size for  the Basic version. The download was successful and I fired it up, only to find out it was the Basic version.

Since then, I have filed at least 3 tickets with Zendesk (all 3 of which got the same "canned" response), been all over the FS2020 forums, and the MS Store, uninstalled and reinstalled the sim 3 times...and I still cannot download and install the PD version. I mean, what is so hard about furnishing a download site just for the PD files? As I said, from the alpha days through 8/18, I had no problems participating and transferring the files to run the sim. Why is it I cannot do so now?

BTW, in the MS Store, it shows that the PD version is OWNED and INSTALLED! So there's no question about what I paid for.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 minutes ago, gpbarth said:

I've got a better one! I was an alpha and beta tester for MSFS2020. I had no problems participating, downloading and installing every update. So when MS came out with the pre-purchase, I paid for it 2 weeks in advance and purchased the Premium Deluxe version.

One August 18th, I went to the MS Store and downloaded what was supposed to be the PD version. Funny, but it was only 97 Gb, which was the file size for  the Basic version. The download was successful and I fired it up, only to find out it was the Basic version.

Since then, I have filed at least 3 tickets with Zendesk (all 3 of which got the same "canned" response), been all over the FS2020 forums, and the MS Store, uninstalled and reinstalled the sim 3 times...and I still cannot download and install the PD version. I mean, what is so hard about furnishing a download site just for the PD files? As I said, from the alpha days through 8/18, I had no problems participating and transferring the files to run the sim. Why is it I cannot do so now?

BTW, in the MS Store, it shows that the PD version is OWNED and INSTALLED! So there's no question about what I paid for.

Did you check the content manager?  I had to install the premium stuff once I got in the game 

Semper Fi 

Yes I did! Matter of fact, that was one of my first attempts. I clicked to check off all the extras, but never got the choice to download them. I will tell you that I did finally succeed! Funny, but I was told that if I set up another Win10 account, and downloaded there, it would work. It didn't...but in the frustration to move all of my peripherals to the second account, I deleted both the sim and the account.

And when I persistently decided to give it one more shot, I discovered that, this time, it worked. My surprise was that there is nothing that tells you what you've downloaded. The first place to look is the hangar. I had repeatedly had 20 aircraft, but now I had 30! Eureka!

I'm as happy as a pig in slop now, although I need to get a few more peripherals working. My CH Throttle Quad and my Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs need to be worked in somehow. But it'll happen. I'm still not flying...it's a lot of work fine-tuning this thing.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg