Sign in to follow this  
crimplene

Download repeats same file over and over

1 minute ago, ZKOKQ said:

No joy Robert. Think I am getting hit by server overload, and my location. Had the same issue when MSFS was released. Might have to wait a couple of days.

Sorry it didn't work. It is very frustrating I know. It's the longest download I've ever had. A pathetic 7-10 minutes per gigabyte on a system that usually achieves four times that speed. Hope it works for you a bit later.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Still waiting on the update to finish downloading. File fs-base-cgl-0.1.30.fspatch.001 takes forever and has started redownloading a couple of dozen times right now. Somtimes it downloads only a 100MB, sometimes more then 1,5GB but it never reaches the end. Had it happen on a another file in the beginning but that one finally "catched". So still waiting on this one. GB into the download process, still waiting on the last 6,5GB... (pause-resume-reboot etc...no joy for the moment).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Same for me.  Started the download process yesterday afternoon.  It stalled, so I started the download over.  It started from scratch and didn't show any progress, just the same file downloading over and over.  I've restarted the process, and after the 3rd uninstall, it seemed like it was going to download finally.  Let it go over night and woke up to about 1/3 done and stuck again.  Trying a 4th time......

I'm on the same boat. Since yesterday evening trying to download the same file over and over. I tried several times to close the whole process and start it again. No luck. I'v tried to be patient and let it do its thing for a few hours (6). No luck.

And the good thing is: waiting for them to resolve the issue we can't even fly the old version. What a mess.

Souheil

I think what is happening is the content servers are down.  This seems to have happened this morning.

Not a good sign if they cannot handle scaling with the low numbers they have now.  What will they do in a couple of years.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

After 18 hours of downloading and installing, I gave up. I uninstalled the whole thing and started all over again. looks like it's downloading correctly this time.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

people jump to post without need

yesterday i too noticed the sim took too long for some files, so I started watching carefully and I noticed it WASNT ONE file, it was switching to a similar name file with different end digits thats all.!!!

On 8/18/2020 at 4:52 AM, crimplene said:

Hi,

right now I am trying to install MSFS from Germany. But I am stuck at 24 % because "fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.004" doesn't complete. Every time it downloads about a few 100 MBs of that file then starts from the beginning. I already tried restarting the installer and restarting my PC. Nothing seems to help. Any advice?

I've been having the same problem for 24 hours now. Whatever the problem is, I'll Just put MSFS at rest for a couple months  till they've fixed  this and some other issues.

Francisco Aguiar