Sign in to follow this  
ArborVitae

Visual Artifact

I'm having this pixaleted areas on bright and dark objects, settings are at ultra, rtx2080 i7 9700k

I'm not sure if this is intentional but in diplay settings HDR10 is on and grayed so I can't change it. but my monitor is not HDR. maybe this is causing the problem? I've tried different settings but it didn't help.

Zoom in and check the left side of the cocpit

jVzM8aN.png?1

Edited by ArborVitae

Hey man, ya I'm getting that too! Noticed it on bright clouds and dark shadows, and on surfaces like in your screenshot. Maybe it's just a setting we can adjust somewhere or something to fix it. Hopefully somebody has the answer!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

This appears to be pretty much how it is. Playing with settings can bring about improvement but not eliminate it.

For me on interior surfaces the Icon shows it up worst. Followed not far behind by the Flight Design CTSL.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

What am I looking for?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 minutes ago, Slides said:

What am I looking for?

enlarge the image and look at the left side of the cocpit also under the gps. a lot of pixealtion, sanding or whatever it's called 🙂

Edited by ArborVitae

3 minutes ago, ArborVitae said:

enlarge the image and look at the left side of the cocpit also under the gps. a lot of pixealtion, sanding or whatever it's called 🙂

The GPS is on the right side of the image, have you gotten enough sleep since your download finished? 😉

5 minutes ago, MartinH said:

The GPS is on the right side of the image, have you gotten enough sleep since your download finished? 😉

the bug is both on the left side of the cocpit and on the right side under the GPS...

Exceptionally weird issue, I haven't seen this before in any footage. Perhaps it's been there all the time and was masked by TAA which usually blurs enough to cover this sort of artifact. What does it look like when you turn it on?

27 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Exceptionally weird issue, I haven't seen this before in any footage. Perhaps it's been there all the time and was masked by TAA which usually blurs enough to cover this sort of artifact. What does it look like when you turn it on?

it definitely helps but the grainy texture is still there especially on the reflections. first picture with AA off, second picture with TAA on. btw I have the latest nvidia driver

6abx08h.jpg

d5j4rse.jpg

5 minutes ago, ArborVitae said:

it definitely helps but the grainy texture is still there especially on the reflections. first picture with AA off, second picture with TAA on. btw I have the latest nvidia driver

Thanks for the shots. Looks like it might have been there all the time, with the video compression smudging those sections further. I did notice several grainy reflections in the external aircraft but not in the cockpit before. Sadly we might have to live with it.