Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Saitek X-55 Rhino Stick-Throttles profile available

On 8/19/2020 at 3:10 AM, flightsimboy said:

same issue. Any help on this?

Somehow it worked when I started the sim without the joystick plugged in. Then plug it in in the main menu und a window pops up, which sais that it recognizes the joystick. 

That was it... maybe it works for you too!

On 8/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, Tfactis said:

Hi Paddyol, I had the same trouble...follow all the steps but don't delete the original file, copy the downloaded file from Google drive in to corresponding files that you just created with those 5 codes, it should work.

You open with notepad.

I still don't have the controller displaying, if anybody know how please assist.

Thanks brother works great now it think it may have been the name of the xml file initially inputting it, it must have to be the same as the previous one. never the less thanks heaps for helping me out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddyol said:

Thanks brother works great now it think it may have been the name of the xml file initially inputting it, it must have to be the same as the previous one. never the less thanks heaps for helping me out

You're welcome...do you have the controller images displayed in the sim..pls help out if you do.

• Like 1

Everytime I try to add the stick file and the throttle file to the new folders, they get deleted. Any advice?

I tried plugging in the stick after the game already booted. 

I tried keeping the original file as well as the new file. 

4 hours ago, jesrig23 said:

Everytime I try to add the stick file and the throttle file to the new folders, they get deleted. Any advice?

I tried plugging in the stick after the game already booted. 

I tried keeping the original file as well as the new file. 

I had the same trouble...follow all the steps but don't delete the original file, copy the downloaded file from Google drive in to corresponding files that you just created with those 5 codes, it should work.

You open with notepad.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:43 PM, Tfactis said:

I had the same trouble...follow all the steps but don't delete the original file, copy the downloaded file from Google drive in to corresponding files that you just created with those 5 codes, it should work.

You open with notepad.

Wait what do you mean five codes? Isn't it just one file for each throttle and stick. 

I have X55 Saitek, joysticl it is OK, but the throttles are a mess, if I move forward to full power, the throttles in the FS2020 and XPlane 11 get crazy, start to reverse crazy movements, but never get power. I dont understand this start witn the last update of Windows 10. But it is incredible that the same X-55 works pretty good with DCS, but not with XPlane and FS2020. If someone has a little help with this , because I bought the Thrustmaster TCA Joystick and the reverse is not working well, and working nice in the Xplane 11 so limited actions. SO I have a reflection you need a PC for every simulator and a Joystick also for every simulator Idont understan why the last update of windows,  throttles got be out of order, not for DCS, just for XPlane 11 and now for FS2020, wich not even recognize the equipment. The Thrustmaster TCA is pretty good except the reverse , when you put the reverse little bit space at the end of  level run, the reverse is not active so you need to push the level forward, and all reverse power set. so again back the level and forward again power, but be carefully may be you coudnt disconect the reverse, another fiasco.
Thank you
Octavio
Argentina

On 8/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Vonwen said:

.......I do wonder why Microsoft makes it so complicated to touch anything, and it's not only for MSFS.

After a long career in IT, I saw the practice repeated many times, especially from large corporations. they say it is to protect novices from messing up their systems. I saw it as those same companies protecting themselves. Smacks of “we are in the know, everyone else are plebs”. In support of this theory, observe that in the early days of computing (pre MS) people in the industry used to wear White coates, this helped give them an elite status.

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Maybe this can help some ch yoke guys, wish me luck off to try and conquer this 

ch-pic.jpg

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Really nobody knows how to fix the Saitek X55, dont tell me that no one had problem with the X55 in XPlane and FS2020, and also nobody had problems with the reverse of Thrustmaster TCA it is imposible configurate the thrust reverse. Thanks

I have the x55 and have no problems with it beyond the twitchy actions of the flight model. Make absolutely sure you do not have the throttle axis mapped to another controller I've found that when they go haywire like that there is a conflict somewhere.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you vgbaron:

No I have the throttle configurate in thorttle 1 and 2 every  level, and get crazy, if I move start to reverse to conect and disconect very quickly and the throttles dont move, just a little bit only to start again the crazy reverse. I dont know and in the FS2020 same, except DCS work perfect furthermore I use un AV8 one level to throttle and other otherone to move exhaust duct.

Thank you vgbaron

It really sounds like a conflict. Check EVERY device you have connected  and be sure none of them have a throttle setting that is active. Look closely at the profle you have mapped in MSFS - see if anything looks out of place. To double check - go into the controls menu in MSFS, select your throttle and click on sensitivity on left side - you should see several graphs of the throttle axes - move the throttles up and down and dwatch the graph - if the dot moves up and down smoothly, chances are that your hardware is fine - which leads back to some conflict with something else plugged in.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors