Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

What is the install path of msfs?

I followed a guide to put the ms store apps on my d drive, but I cannot see any program folders being made there. I see the MSFS folder that I made in the launcher, and it has two folders inside "official" and "community". Where is the engine and the totality of the sim installed? What should I look for. I'm getting some performance issues and I'm suspecting that the sim is now divided among a couple of drives. 

Ps. If it wasnt clear I bought it through the MS Store. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

On your D drive look for WpSystem folder, point your installer to that when installing the full install.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I haven't finished the download yet so I'm not completely sure, I think it's like this:

Simulator: D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Content: D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3478569023-4011906951-532946707-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

In there you should have two folders both with 8 sub folder waiting to be populated by MSFS full install, try remove that and reinstalling before installing MSFS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

word not allowed. I notice i have a wpsystem folder on my E drive. Dont know how it got there. What is in that folder? Is it the game itself/engine? Can I move it to D?

Check the directory I mentioned above, if those folders are there then this is the content of the simulator, the 91,36GB download. Unfortunately I can't know yet if it's possible to move the installation, try taking a look in the Microsoft Store settings.

24 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Where is the engine and the totality of the sim installed?

The core simulator is no longer accessible like it was with FSX or P3D. By default It resides on a virtual disk image inside a protected folder that you don't have access to (looks a little bit like it would live on an XBox with an optical drive).

Be mindful that in the future there will be DRM protected 3rd party assets in this simulator too. Many things that we take for granted (like modding everything or even just parsing all BGL files) will no longer be possible with MSFS. Best not to invest too much time into these endeavors...

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

28 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

it has two folders inside "official" and "community".

That is the storage space for the simulator content. Most of the 90 GB should be in there.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Im probably just gonna buy it again from Steam since it is my preferred platform. I know how it works, but with ms store its all very archaic. 

This might not make a difference, the download client is the exact same as the Microsoft Store version, with the same problems and everything. This means that only the simulator base will reside in Steam's folders, with the WpSystem directory for the content once again.

Just now, G-RFRY said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/50240466997/in/dateposted-public/

This is just one of the folders, you are ware steam are having a problem.

AFAIK ms store users are also having problems 🙂 And they will pass. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Just now, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Different folders, different locations, taking permissions, moving stuff around,.. this just calls for issues.

Exactly. Don't do it. Use MSFS as if you would be running it on an XBox. No more tinkering. All IMHO of course.

You can change installation paths etc. early in the install process. The content can be reassigned to a different drive too.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI