Sign in to follow this  
longhaul747

FROZEN on Welcome, set your experience screen!

I managed to get FS2020 installed on my computer and now trying to finish the install and get it up and running.  However my computer seems frozen on the "WELCOME, SET YOUR EXPERIENCE" screen.  I get the background image but where you are supposed to have options its all gray and blurred out.  Hard drive sounds like working but after letting it sit for 30 minutes nothing happens.

My computer is dated but barely makes the minimum specs.  I am not expecting a lightning quick experience but I thought it would run at least barely on minimum settings!

I had this too and pressed escape / back (cannot remember which - button at the bottom left) thinking it would revert but it just came up with the first of the four items populated in blue...

• Like 3

Thanks that actually worked well!

In my case I just pressed the Escape button and it populated.  Must be an odd bug or perhaps my system is right on the edge and on systems that are this might come up.  Who knows?

I think the only real bottleneck is the lack of system memory and video card.  My I7 3770K is a powerhouse processor for its time and might still be okay.   

good to hear - i was a bit wary of doing that at first. I have an i7-9700k...need to open the BIOS when I get home to start overclocking!!

7 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

I managed to get FS2020 installed on my computer and now trying to finish the install and get it up and running.  However my computer seems frozen on the "WELCOME, SET YOUR EXPERIENCE" screen.  I get the background image but where you are supposed to have options its all gray and blurred out.  Hard drive sounds like working but after letting it sit for 30 minutes nothing happens.

My computer is dated but barely makes the minimum specs.  I am not expecting a lightning quick experience but I thought it would run at least barely on minimum settings!

I think I clicked on Back and it showed the content. There is a bug in this screen I think.

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

7 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

My I7 3770K is a powerhouse processor for its time and might still be okay.

It is ok for me. Mine with a 1660 super and 16 GB ram runs more than decently at 1080p.

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

4 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

It is ok for me. Mine with a 1660 super and 16 GB ram runs more than decently at 1080p.

This is good to know.  I actually got Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) for a whole new build but I think I will wait it out until some patches are out.  Many of the issues I am having many others are having and its not system dependent unless you cranked your settings.  

11 hours ago, neilydone said:

I had this too and pressed escape / back (cannot remember which - button at the bottom left) thinking it would revert but it just came up with the first of the four items populated in blue...

Confirm this worked!

On 8/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, neilydone said:

P{lease help? There is no Back/ESC button for me. Steam download to Alienware gaming/VR laptop more than capable of running the game. Just can't get past this screen!! Have tried uninstalling, rebooting etc. Nothing.

Try hitting ESC key on the keyboard?

It's probably not an answer for now, but I understand the patch out next week (from Microsofts announcement on the flightsimulator.com website on 27 Aug) could likely cure your issue..

Sorry I don't have a better answer...

On 8/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, mtr75 said:

Confirm this worked!

can you please tell me which button? I don't see any button at the bottom here?

On 8/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, neilydone said:

I don't get what you meant "pupulated in blue"? nothing pops up on the screen.