Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

control settings and Saitek yoke

Coming from X-Plane 11... holy word not allowed these control settings for MSFS2020 are horrible ! It was so much easier to set up the functions on X-Plane 11 for the Saitek yoke and thrust.

I couldn't even set up all my buttons on the yoke as the MSFS2020 interface didn't have them but they are on the yoke.

Also the lack of different input options on the yoke is horrendous compared to X-Plane 11 setup.

Anyone else not able to set the red buttons in the Saitek yoke ? What I liked in X-Plane 11 was that I could set any function of the airplane into the yoke buttons, but not with MSFS2020...

Edited by Concorde79

the lack of different aircraft functions I can't add to the yoke, there is just the few default ones available.

in X-Plane 11 you could program any aircraft button or knob to be used in the yoke. now you just have few default options and a few missing buttons. that is the issue.

MSFS2020 recognized by Honeycomb alpha yoke and my Siatek throttle quadrant. Even still, I had to figure out how to tweak the settings. Just like Concorde said, the settings were horrible out of the [proverbial] box. My CH Products rudder pedals were found but nothing was mapped to it. So I had no brakes or rudder control until I manually configured it. What a mess... you'd think that after 6 years of development and a year of testing, popular peripheral would be per-configured properly. I still have to figure out how to get my hat switch to pan vertically - by default it's only panning horizontally. Go figure.

Suggestions welcome.

Edited by virtualgaa
Spelling corrections
  • Like 1

******* what a mess for setting up controllers . P3D/FSX is so much quicker. 

Why on earth make these big menus ? Overview please. I still havent got my god word not allowed hat-switch to work proberly on my Saitek Yoke

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Does anyone own the Saitex X55 Rhino? Were you able to set the commands? I too come from X-Plane 11 and have some difficulty setting the controls. In the menu the model is recognized but the icon is completely black, I would not want it to be incompatible.

14 minutes ago, virtualgaa said:

MSFS2020 recognized by Honeycomb alpha yoke and my Siatek throttle quadrant. Even still, I had to figure out how to tweak the settings. Just like Concorde said, the settings were horrible out of the [proverbial] box. My CH Products rudder pedals were found but nothing was mapped to it. So I had no brakes or rudder control until I manually configured it. What a mess... you'd think that after 6 years of development and a year of testing, popular peripheral would be per-configured properly. I still have to figure out how to get my hat switch to pan vertically - by default it's only panning horizontally. Go figure.

Suggestions welcome.

How did you configure the pedals, The sim recognises them and sensitivity works but I cannot figure out how to do it? Is there a Help File?

I created a quick and dirty video showing how I configured my Ch products rudder pedals to work with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS2020)

(PS the video will come alive in a few minutes. The first couple of hours the video will be available in SD format only be will change to HD automatically, later.)

Edited by virtualgaa
  • Upvote 1

Thank GAWD it's not just me... 

I left about 3 Reddit review posts and of course the giant thumbs down- DO NOT BUY on Steam (yes I use Steam... because I'm a gamer as well as a simmer). 

I'll take a look at virtualgaa's video but RN I'm too frustrated to turn my (upgraded for MSFS2020) PC... 

Also - I have an i9 10900K CPU and a 2080 Super and it can't push 60 FPS on ultra (and overheats in the menu). Looks like I'll need to liquid cool my GPU to play this game for more than a half hour on ultra... I haven't even tried streaming yet (because I can't fly without a working joystick/yoke). 

I really just don't get how you an F up the settings part of the game.. I agree - this is one of the worst UI I have ever used... I thought X-Plane was a Pain in the A.. lol... leave it to MS to F up the easy bit... 

Game looks beautiful though - just switch on AI and enjoy the scenery... for now. 

Also looks like we'll need to use DCSFlightPanels to get the Saitek Flight Panel stuff working (and forget about that flight instrument panel

Also - not sure what they did but the one thing that was recognized were my Saitek Pro Flight Pedals but... the toe breaks were setup so that you had to depress them half way to release - if you didn't touch them the breaks were applied, and if you pushed them all the way in the breaks were applied... I've never seen that before. (this somehow fixed itself after several resets as I was getting my TrackIR setup). 

what an absolute Cluster... 

9 minutes ago, PaulDPearl said:

Also - not sure what they did but the one thing that was recognized were my Saitek Pro Flight Pedals but... the toe breaks were setup so that you had to depress them half way to release - if you didn't touch them the breaks were applied, and if you pushed them all the way in the breaks were applied... I've never seen that before. (this somehow fixed itself after several resets as I was getting my TrackIR setup). 

That particular thing sounds like what happens when your controller forgets its calibration. (like after a reboot, etc...)  what fixed it was likely just you depressing the pedals to full travel.