Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

So after "Press any key to Continue"...

Do I just sit here for the rest of my natural-born life or what? Or does something happen eventually?

Nevah mind. Somehow my region was set to United Arab Emerates. Fixed it and it's downloading now.

After several hours of waiting, I got a "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" spins for about one minute then freezes up.  I have rebooted about 4 times now and get the exact same results each time.  Pretty much of a disaster ! 

WAT1460.png

2 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Nevah mind. Somehow my region was set to United Arab Emerates. Fixed it and it's downloading now.

My region was already set properly.  Congratulations ! 

WAT1460.png

Here's something new >> the words "PRESS ANY KEY TO START" are pulsing weak, then bright, weak, then bright, etc . After clicking any key top of screen says WELCOME, SET YOUR EXPERIENCE, then a box opens "checking for updates" spins for about 10 seconds, then freezes up. I get no error messages and no events to view. Anyone else seeing this? 

WAT1460.png

Same here, mine just freezes after hitting "Press any key to start"...

Sometimes it works and starts resuming downloading, but crashes and I have to start again... If it seems to freeze, best just kill it and open it again and it will continue where it left of

3 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Same here, mine just freezes after hitting "Press any key to start"...

Sometimes it works and starts resuming downloading, but crashes and I have to start again... If it seems to freeze, best just kill it and open it again and it will continue where it left of

Please tell me how you know it's downloading.  I have yet to see anything that shows me anything is actually down loading. 

EDIT>>> something just happened HOORAY, update soon 

Edited by vcarlo
UPDATE

WAT1460.png

It's pretty obvious it is, there is a progress bar and it shows you how much is left....if it's not showing anything, then likely it's hung again

It's a bit of a mess this morning.. I suspect the servers are probably having a hard time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonywob said:

It's pretty obvious it is, there is a progress bar and it shows you how much is left....if it's not showing anything, then likely it's hung again

It's a bit of a mess this morning.. I suspect the servers are probably having a hard time

I just got the download bar for the first time since 2300 hours last night HOORAY !!!! 

WAT1460.png

I had it downloaded fully (Premium Deluxe) from the Microsoft Store this morning and had no issues starting it thereafter. Now at 2pm European time, it suddenly takes an eternity to load the sim and when the screen with the TBM disappears I am being asked to insert the disc. I don't have the DVD version. So I have stopped MSFS now three times, but the dreaded question re the disc comes up all the time again. Microsoft, I like you sooo much..luckily I still have XP11 installed 🤬

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

56 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Allahu akbar!  🙌