Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Coolie Hat to look around

As the title says, all my coolie hat on my T.16000 is capable of in MSFS is switching views and the snapping back. What do I have to do that I get the normal look around feature back? Like the mouse view they implemented? Thanks for any hint..

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hey,

same problem for me. I will try to check the Input settings.

At the Moment it seems as FS2020 automatically recognizes the Thrustmaster Hardware and has chosen to set this Function to the Throttle TWCS coolie hat.

At first look, it seems as that function of "moving the view" ist not available in the settings list of the Thrustmaster Stick but only for the Throttle TWCS. Really strange if we can't change that.

Perhaps we have to fully reset the controls. I will test that this evening and I will report.

If someone has a solution yet, let us know.

Best regards

You can definitely fix this but you're going to have to dive in to the Controls setup screen and change your bindings on the Hat. A lot of the default controller profiles bind the hat to the "Cockpit Quickview" commands which cause the snap back behavior you are seeing. You are going to need to clear these bindings first. You can then bind to the "Cockpit Look" commands (4 directions or 8 directions depending on your hat). Squirrel's video in the Tips sticky (it's the 1st one) goes into detail on managing controller bindings and it's definitely worth a look.

Basically you need to go in to the Controls setup screen and click on your hardware device. You will see the currently assigned bindings (the filter defaults to "Assigned"). Click on each of the Cockpit Quickview commands and clear them ("Validate" saves the change). Then change the filter to "All" so you can see the entire list of commands. Filter on "Cockpit Look" and you will see all the different Look direction commands. Bind them to your Hat one at a time. When finished click "Apply" and it should prompt you to create a new Profile for your controller (if this is the first time you have changed it).

Hope this helps! Rick

Solution

Thank you very much Rick,

in the video, Squirrel gave the hint to set the filter on the left side of the Control Section to "all".

Before, I thought some controls are only able to be controlled by the Flighstick and others by the Thrust Controller.

It was late yesterday and I only invested half an hour on doing the first test flight. ;)

Best regards