Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

After a day of testing, I came to the conclusion that the sim is at best in beta state when it comes to flying the included airliners. There are so many stutters / pauses at larger hubs, I don't know where to start. It doesn't have to do with settings, I lowered all of them for testing purposes. It's a hot mess at this point. Of course the included airliners were expected to be nothing to write home about to start with, but just to make that clear, the default 737 in XP11 is an order of magnitude better in all respects.

It will take a lot of patches to make this an enjoyable experience for flying airliners. In this state, it's a clear AVOID.

Just for reference, I am running a 9900K with a OC 1080ti, 16GB of RAM, fresh Windows 10. But as I stated above, these stutters and overall slugishness isn't cured by lowering settings. 

Edited by Colonel X
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

it all depends on your tech and internet speed..........i have no stutters and high fps(50-100fps) on ultra settings on my 2month old pc.

My is quite opposite experience. Did you try to install lates Nvidia drivers?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Try out any of the airliners with a very simple direct flight plan and see if you notice an improvement in FPS. Do the same test with one of the simple GA aircraft like the 152 - complex mutli waypoint flight plan vs simple direct plan.

• Like 2

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

7 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

After a day of testing, I came to the conclusion that the sim is at best in beta state when it comes to flying the included airliners. There are so many stutters / pauses at larger hubs, I don't know where to start. It doesn't have to do with settings, I lowered all of them for testing purposes. It's a hot mess at this point. Of course the included airliners were expected to be nothing to write home about to start with, but just to make that clear, the default 737 in XP11 is an order of magnitude better in all respects.

It will take a lot of patches to make this an enjoyable experience for flying airliners. In this state, it's a clear AVOID.

Just for reference, I am running a 9900K with a OC 1080ti, 16GB of RAM, fresh Windows 10. But as I stated above, these stutters and overall slugishness isn't cured by lowering settings. 

I'm downloading now but after using the alpha for quite some time I do somewhat agree that there are unfinished items in the release version....but much has been improved.

As for the airliners that's no surprise....they're default aircraft!  We'll have to wait for 3rd parties.

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

"no stutters and high fps(50-100fps) on ultra settings " 

You're a toy.

While those stats do seem unreal....have you downloaded the latest nvidia drivers?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Could not agree less.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 minutes ago, canuk_22 said:

out of curiosity, what are your specs? 

I added them.

But my point is, this is not a specs thing. Some parts of the sim are performing well and smooth, there's no doubt about that. But the experience at large hubs in an airliner - is just very patchy at this point. 

-

15 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

After a day of testing, I came to the conclusion that the sim is at best in beta state when it comes to flying the included airliners.

That was obvious to all of us that have followed development. So yeah, that is correct - but no surprise.

Btw. IMO it is beta in many other regards as well, but I am still fascinated by the overall package and potential.

15 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

but just to make that clear, the default 737 in XP11 is an order of magnitude better in all respects.

Nah... just look at the default FMC. The 737 FMC on XP is pure fantasy.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Keep your replies civil please. Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with them or not.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, tweekz said:

That was obvious to all of us that have followed development. So yeah, that is correct - but no surprise.

Nah... just look at the default FMC. The 737 FMC on XP is pure fantasy.

Probably it was expected, yeah. But you know, I had some hope. 

Not talking about the system depth when comparing the defaults - fly it once and you'll see.

• Like 1

-

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

While those stats do seem unreal....have you downloaded the latest nvidia drivers?

Sure, before I installed the sim. They don't seem to make a difference - these "Game Ready" drivers are a marketing tool more than anything else.

• Like 1

-

erm im running a good experience, no stutters whatsoever . 60fps constant in high setting until i hit airliners then around 35-40fps 

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

Well when I get through this download I'll be putting my 3900X, with 32GB of ram, RTX2070 Super to test and report back