Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

1 minute ago, hangar said:

woa, too rich for my blood!

Wanna play,gotta pay.......

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am Running - I9-9900K, 2800TI, 4K HDR Tv, Ultra settings..

At first, running with Vsynch off, I found out the huge frame rate  changes  (going from 30 to 55fps)  was causing huge stutters, hickups and pauses..   

I then set Vsynch to ON, and FPS lock to 30. I then set my TV to motion smoothing on .. (all modern TV's have this feature).. This takes the 30fps and interpolates it at 120fps.

The result is stunning, I now see hyper smooth constant motion that never jerks, dips,pauses.  At 120Fps motion upscaling, the motion is hyper-realistic and I can see the tiny fast moving bounces from Eddy currents/turbulence.

I

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

All that info but you don’t mention screen resolution. Always include it otherwise your posts are lacking in critical info.

1920x1080 with the resolution slider on 100.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Oh my. Just wanted to take the 747-8 for a spin. It's completely broken. The autopilot doesn't work at all, and everybody is dead now.

What a shame they released the sim in this state.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Oh my. Just wanted to take the 747-8 for a spin. It's completely broken. The autopilot doesn't work at all, and everybody is dead now.

What a shame they released the sim in this state.

I'll bite. I'm a sucker for a silly name.

How's MSFS 2020 working out for you? 

Other than on the forums?

Don't think anyone needs my opinion after 8 pages of opinions.

Anyways I think you need to see it in a bigger context: MFS is a platform, it should stand as the building block for the next 10 years. Planes will be fixed, better planes will be offered for purchase. ATC addons will come out. IFR addons will come out. Hopefully all in the market place so you'll never have to search together the addon updates again and making reinstall easier! 

I think MFS is a huge step forward both graphically and as a platform. Yes many things are the same or even buggier but it's finally a step forward from FSX that we haven't seen. Asobo and MS said in their QA that they prioritize platform things, because they know that there will be better planes and all. 

So for me it's just what was needed, and while I will fly airliners on the old sims for a while, because there are many issues. for anything VFR it's just so much better than anything I've seen!

• Like 1

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

I agree with those who say that msfs is a great foundation. If you start with a foundation this realistic it would be hard to imagine the gaps won't be filled as we move forward and into the future...

I am hopeful. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

There is an issue at the moment that long flightplans that span a large distance or a large number of waypoints do seem to pretty negatively impact performance.

If this is an issue that is impacting you, I would file a bug at the MSFS Zendesk: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. The more users reporting it the better.

It is probably trying to cache the scenery along the route that way it doesn't stutter during the flight; would be my guess. 

• Like 1

Tyson Rose

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Not you VOJu24, Col X,

Unknown.jpg

200.gif

Haha, I just wrote the first sentence because I felt self-conscious about adding to the noise I hadn't even thought about what was written right before. 

• Like 1

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

34 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'll bite. I'm a sucker for a silly name.

How's MSFS 2020 working out for you? 

Other than on the forums?

Well, I am trying to enjoy it but so far it's more or less been a series of rage quits.

-

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Well, I am trying to enjoy it but so far it's more or less been a series of rage quits.

LOL. Just the autopilot misbehavior alone is enough to provoke that (as Chock pointed out, much to your chagrin). BTW, I'm somewhere between your opinion and the position that says there are no performance issues flying airliners. I think that there are so many combinations of hardware, aircraft geographic location and ancillary settings like AI traffic that it's difficult to see a pattern in performance. All in all, the sim looks great, but needs work. I'm sure that's no surprise to any of the αβ testers.

I don't think it's a hardware issue. Modern game engines usually run fast und stutter free on all modern CPU's and GPU's. There's only two brands for each after all. Asobo rushed this out of the door, more or less completely unoptimized. A month ago, the sim was in ALPHA, other games take years from alpha to launch. It's just unconcievable to me.

-