Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Cannot get my X55 controller working

I am not enjoying this user interface. I cannot get my X55 controllers working. They show up in the menu but I cannot assign any buttons and when I load a flight the axis don't respond! I am not having fun.....

Edited by YukonPete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hi Pete,

I was able to set up my X-55. I had to assign everything manually. 

However, for some reason I had to click into the “search by input” field before pressing the controller button I wanted to assign. Otherwise it wouldn’t recognize my input. 

hope this helps 

Just set up my x55 without any problems. Don’t know where ur problem is

Lukas Dalton

Started to figure it out. Its a difficult UI for sure! 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guys can anyone help, I had to do a reinstall of windows 10 and trying to install my X55 again but the Next button is greyed out?! I know there was something I had to do last time to get it to work but cannot remember. Can you help

Kind regards

Duncan Odgers

You really have to pay attention to what axis and things you are assigning. I spent three hours fighting with my joystick last night only to feel really dumb in the end. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Odgers said:

Guys can anyone help, I had to do a reinstall of windows 10 and trying to install my X55 again but the Next button is greyed out?! I know there was something I had to do last time to get it to work but cannot remember. Can you help

you have to plug in the joystick when prompted. I just installed the win10 drivers today no problem

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports