Sign in to follow this  
cepact

3700X/2070S good performance and smooth

I have 40-60 fps in normal conditions. one thing I noticed covered clouds INCREASE fps because they occlude the ground (that's my only hypothesis otherwise it's magic). for the first time i can have 2 overcast layers at 60 fps

in a big city + airliner I have 20-35 fps, but it feels really smooth to me

(1080p)

Edited by cepact
  • Like 2

good cpu for this sim, I have the same at 4.5ghz, good utilization of all the cores and threads.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I've got the same CPU with the GTX 1070 and has been beautiful for me so far!!.. Really impressed as didnt expect anything close to being this good

• Like 1

My 3600X and 1080Ti Combo provides a great experience at 1440 and 4k. (GA single player flying)

I use Ultra settings on 1440 and High settings (with added windshield ultra effects) on 4K.

I do not look at an FPS counter but there is no screen tearing at all on my 4k monitor and it is a smooth experience. My 1440 is a 144hz Gsync monitor. The 1440 has better colors but is only 27 inch versus the 28 inch of my 4k 60hz monitor. Other flight simulators tend to produce screen tearing on my 4k monitor, during view movement, but not so MSFS.

I think I will use the 4k as secondary monitor on my flying rig in every day use and continue to use the 1440 for my desktop needs. 

Me too, Ryzen 3700x, rtx2070 super OC, 32 gb, gigabit fibe , 1080p and everything  is smooth.

I tried ultra and it was smooth above Montreal city and at home (Mascouche QC Canada.)

but to enjoy the graphics, a Quad HD monitor is ideal even if the fps are lower, it is my opinion.

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

No problems for me 

https://youtu.be/3KwzRi-Mkp8

Honestly whats with people flying in external view and getting high FPS and calling it fine.

I am not spending 98% of my time in the external view.

I have awesome FPS on the external but moving to internal boom it drops like a rock.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

12 minutes ago, Mroberts95 said:

Honestly whats with people flying in external view and getting high FPS and calling it fine.

I am not spending 98% of my time in the external view.

I have awesome FPS on the external but moving to internal boom it drops like a rock.

Relax this was the first flight with the 787 and I wanted to see the beauty. As you can see my fps didn't drop like a rock and this was in NYC with lots of traffic. 

Edited by devgrp

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

Relax this was the first flight with the 787 and I wanted to see the beauty

Same FPS I am seeing. More optimization is needed for sure.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |