Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Carenado 182 Skylane for MFS available

Buyer beware it is total rubbish, you have been warned.

• Like 1

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

In FSX, I grew to accept the fact that Carenado/Alabeo aircraft were very pretty to look at, but often had questionable flight modeling fidelity and that systems would be modeled no better than what is available in the default aircraft.  I fully expect that Carenado/Alabeo will convert their fleet of aircraft, at least the ones with 4096 textures, to MSFS, but with no updates in systems or flight models.

• Like 1

I picked it up.. can't really attest to it's accuracy of flight model due to problem below, what I can say the landing gear is WAY too spongy, the sounds are so out of whack.. fuel pump is about 200% or greater too loud.. strange loud grinding noise on taxi. I refuse to even put the fuel pump on, because it so overpoweringly annoying.

The flight model.. from what I can see this is very crude. The issue I have is the controls.. tiniest movement on elevators does not translate to anything other than a sudden jump up or down.. like the elevators are some how on a notch. You get absolutely no translation of small control inputs (slight back pressure for example). I have tried with response curves on yoke using FSUIPC but same deal. The ailerons and trim is also similarly effected. It is totally unrealistic. It seems that the controls are really coarse. I do not have this problem with any of the default aircraft.

Very disappointed and this needs either an update or a refund.

Edited by BusheFlyer

35 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

I picked it up.. can't really attest to it's accuracy of flight model due to problem below, what I can say the landing gear is WAY too spongy, the sounds are so out of whack.. fuel pump is about 200% or greater too loud.. strange loud grinding noise on taxi. I refuse to even put the fuel pump on, because it so overpoweringly annoying.

The flight model.. from what I can see this is very crude. The issue I have is the controls.. tiniest movement on elevators does not translate to anything other than a sudden jump up or down.. like the elevators are some how on a notch. You get absolutely no translation of small control inputs (slight back pressure for example). I have tried with response curves on yoke using FSUIPC but same deal. The ailerons and trim is also similarly effected. It is totally unrealistic. It seems that the controls are really coarse. I do not have this problem with any of the default aircraft.

Very disappointed and this needs either an update or a refund.

Here is my review below. I do not have  problems with sensitivity which I set to -50% for roll and pitch

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Here is my review below. I do not have  problems with sensitivity which I set to -50% for roll and pitch

Interesting.. I have no clue on why the control surfaces are responding as they do for me, I don't have any issues with the default aircraft. Just this one. It is basically too frustrating to actually fly because it is near impossible to maintain straight and level flight, it's either pitching up or down, if the nose is dropping, slight back pressure and instantly it 'jumps' to the up notch, forward pressure.. back to the down notch. There is absolutely no finesse.. it feels like there are about 4 deflections in all directions with nothing in between.

3 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

Interesting.. I have no clue on why the control surfaces are responding as they do for me, I don't have any issues with the default aircraft. Just this one. It is basically too frustrating to actually fly because it is near impossible to maintain straight and level flight, it's either pitching up or down, if the nose is dropping, slight back pressure and instantly it 'jumps' to the up notch, forward pressure.. back to the down notch. There is absolutely no finesse.. it feels like there are about 4 deflections in all directions with nothing in between.

Try to trim for airspeed and use light touch on controls. The only time I really pull yoke is during landing, slow flights and stalls

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI