Sign in to follow this  
nosaj_armstrong

Cannot DL past ....base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage...

Hi All

I have never posted before and have always found everyone's help so useful. I am in need, myself, of some this help.

When attempting to download install the new MSFS i cannot get past "Downloading pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage..." It simply starts downloading (the percentage increases and so does the file size but after a few seconds the percentage goes back to 0 and the file size reverts back to where it was at 0% DL. I have tried everything on this form - run as admin, windows up to date, uninstall and start again, tried to install in my hard drive and external hardrive, no success.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix it? It's been sitting trying to download this for maybe 3-4 hours. I have tried to pause and close the installer, and restart it. same thing, does not go past that.

Thanks all for your support. 

Jason

nosaj_armstrong , Lots of people having this type of issue. Good news is we are getting a date tomorrow for the next patch date. My hope this and CTD issues will be among the top on the list for the the coming patch. Just hang in there and let's see what they say tomorrow. 

If you get time go over to the official forums and top right search feature maybe try and search Solved downloading or something on those lines. 

i7-8600k @ 3.70 GHz  16.0 GB Ram OS Win 10-64 bit    Geforce GTX 1070 

Downloading pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage having same problem have done all the suggested things on the net I could find nothing worked,  I have the 2nd patch, I can download gbs of other content but not this file it goes to 5 6 7 o/o then back to 0 o/o all though I did get it up to 43 o/o at one stage does anyone know if there is going to be a fix for it thanks malrol

Ha! This has become my new hobby. 340 + hours trying to download the install of the standard edition in Steam. It's a new landmark in my life's history. I love it so. Maybe some day I will grow up.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v 5, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's