Sign in to follow this  
pty1973cm

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 - Rudder dead zone

Has anybody figured out the right setting for the Sidewinder FF2 on MS FS2020?

The rudder has a huge deadzone where theres no response to input until it goes down a cliff?

I've got the throttle mapped well in the Cessna 152, but not the airliners, still working on that.

I mapped the throttle but it didn't work properly. Can you tell me how you mapped it please? Would very much appreciate it

Edited by VortexA1
Makes more sense

11 minutes ago, VortexA1 said:

I mapped the throttle but it didn't work properly. Can you tell me how you mapped it please? Would very much appreciate it

The throttle is problematic.  Seems it doesn't move smoothly.  You have to push throttle up half way before it takes hold. It seems to be either full power or no power.

Stan

I managed to sort out the throttle . I bound it under thrust axis and that has sorted it out, I have analog input from minimum to maximum thrust now.

Try it out 🙂

Edited by VortexA1
Makes more sense

5 hours ago, nathantw said:

Poplar, thank you for your settings! It really helped a lot.

Very welcome. We SideWinder owners need to stick together 🙂

13 hours ago, VortexA1 said:

I managed to sort out the throttle . I bound it under thrust axis and that has sorted it out, I have analog input from minimum to maximum thrust now.

Try it out 🙂

Thanks.  I'll try this today.  Sounds logical.

Stan

4 hours ago, poplar said:

Very welcome. We SideWinder owners need to stick together 🙂

You got that right.  Best joystick in the world.  I feel sorry for the simmers who really never experienced it the right way (Dirk's Software necessary).

Stan

Sidewinder here also. What i found, is that i advance the throttle until it starts to accelerate, then back it off quickly, to stop it at the mid point. What a kludgy way to do things. I tried all sensitivity and dead zones to no avail. Assigning it to the axis did not help me. Rudder control is poor at best thru the twist grip. 6000 beta testers, and not one owned a sidewinder? 

37 minutes ago, stampee said:

Sidewinder here also. What i found, is that i advance the throttle until it starts to accelerate, then back it off quickly, to stop it at the mid point. What a kludgy way to do things. I tried all sensitivity and dead zones to no avail. Assigning it to the axis did not help me. Rudder control is poor at best thru the twist grip. 6000 beta testers, and not one owned a sidewinder? 

It does work if you attach it to Thrust Axis as said above, but it also works if you choose "Throttle Axis".  I got it to work perfectly today after doing that.

Stan

19 minutes ago, spilok said:

It does work if you attach it to Thrust Axis as said above, but it also works if you choose "Throttle Axis".  I got it to work perfectly today after doing that.

Stan

That's good . Glad you got it working too. Makes it sooo much easier to fly now doesn't it. 🙂

Edited by VortexA1

Sidewinder owner here too. Did you guys manage to get proper force feedback in MSFS2020? So far nothing for me