Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

MFG Crosswind? Question Mark

Hey guys.  is this working for you in MSFS?  when I go to the controls menu I just see a question mark for these pedals.  I feel like it worked in the alpha.  Any tips?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You have to set yourself the Axis Assignment for Controllers it doesn't recognize Default. Simple as that 🙂

Alexis Mefano

ok thanks!

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

guys, how have you done that? I'm at my MFG Crosswind v2 settings and click on "left brake axis" and move it but it will not recognize the axis. same the right brake and rudder.. basically none of its three axes ^^  

edit: doooohh... have to click on the lens first 

Edited by Ephedrin

You can select your axis by name, or you click the bar with the looking glass. Than your axis should be recognized when you move it (it is a little unintuitive).

Edited by Gomoto
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gomoto said:

You can select your axis by name, or you click the bar with the looking glass. Than your axis should be recognized when you move it (it is a little unintuitive).

the assignment menu is absolutely terrible. on top it's probably been translated into german using bing... I don't get what they want xD probably I have to set my system to english

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gomoto said:

Yeah, this is something they need to improve; you basically need to know the names of the axes in order to assign them. There is no way to just move the axis and have the sim recognize it, which is what nearly all other applications do. The UI for controllers would actually be more useful than P3D if they fixed that one issue.

For the OP, I can't remember which axis you had to assign; I don't have the sim in front of me. Had to do trial and error to find the yaw axis on my Crosswinds because I didn't know the axis assignment names.  Once you do find the right axis, it works fine.

• Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

You just have to click the search bar with the looking glass, than the buttons and axis are recognized when you operate them. They should remove the need to click the search bar first.

1 hour ago, lixfeldt said:

arguably the best rudder pedals out there and not a configuration profile...not good

Admittedly, Crosswind pedals (and I agree they are the best pedals hands down) is kind of a niche product. Those of us who own them are a decided minority.  Thankfully, pedals are pretty simple to set up - yaw and right and left brakes.

• Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

1 hour ago, Gomoto said:

You just have to click the search bar with the looking glass, than the buttons and axis are recognized when you operate them. They should remove the need to click the search bar first.

Thanks for pointing that out! I figured there had to be a way to do it.

I can see that a lot went into the new UI design for control assignments, just some different approaches that we have to get used to. I am thankful there is at least an option to completely clear all assignments for a controller all at once, for example.  How P3D STILL at v5 makes you go through one-by-one to remove every control assignment whenever you plug in a new controller - in order to get a clean profile to start with - is beyond me.

- Kevin

How to remove all assignments for a controller at once?

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

the assignment menu is absolutely terrible. on top it's probably been translated into german using bing... I don't get what they want xD probably I have to set my system to english

You think that's bad, you should see the Kiribatian translation that Asobo have used!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

10 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

How to remove all assignments for a controller at once?

It's a good question, I have just been searching for the control inputs individually and deleting where necessary.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You think that's bad, you should see the Kiribatian translation that Asobo have used!

lol better not. I run it in English now, I found it's changable in the menu. everything's fine now. But the german translations of the controls simply didn't make any sense.