Sign in to follow this  
Jeeeno

Good old hat switch to move the view?

33 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Its called cockpit look left, cockpit look right, cockpit look up, cockpit look down. Make sure that you look in the "all" filter, and not just the assigned ones. 

Good tip!  I had to point this out to some other people in the Alpha too.

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

If you want your POV hat to also work in External and Drone modes you’ll also need to map the hat to:

- External View Look Up/Down/Left/Right

- Pitch Drone Up/Down

- Yaw Drone Left/Right 

Edited by paj
  • Like 1

If you coul tell us how to reduce the sensivity for the hat switch in external view that would be great. ATM not usable for me

There are also axis view type of buttons for joystick hat switch. 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

24 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

If you coul tell us how to reduce the sensivity for the hat switch in external view

The speed of the external camera is controlled globally in:

Options \ General \ Camera \ External Freelook Speed

You can set it temporarily via the inflight Camera quick bar where again the “External Freelook Speed” option determines the speed of motion.

you may want to play with the External Freelook Momentum option too

In the old fsx i could assign a "move eyepoint function " to my 2nd pov hat. im trying to assign so i can move up and down in the cockpit.. what it called  in 2020

i think it is now called "translate" but how do you map the main pow hat cockpit camera

they made this complicated

thank you  

Peter

Edited by pkofman

I can only get the hat switch to work in either cockpit or external. Not both. VKB Gladiator MKII

On 8/18/2020 at 10:02 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Its called cockpit look left, cockpit look right, cockpit look up, cockpit look down. Make sure that you look in the "all" filter, and not just the assigned ones. 

My extreme 3d pro showed up on start already mapped, but I can't change the hat to just look left or right for exterior. It works for cockpit view, but only quick look left/right work on exterior. For example if exterior is set to look left or look left locked nothing happens, only the quick view which I don't like. I hate having to pan around in exterior using the mouse.

Edited by desbean
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, rms59 said:

I can only get the hat switch to work in either cockpit or external. Not both. VKB Gladiator MKII

You can set it to both, even though it says there is a conflict. The action only works in the appropriate view.

I use a VKB Gladiator MKII with a MCG Pro grip and it works fine for me.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato