Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

Bye X-Plane...it was fun but.....

I know this Sim has a few bugs and things to get worked out but after doing a few circuits at KSNA , KLGA, and KXDR all I have to say is WOW!!!!!! 

FPS on my setup on all high settings at KSNA in varying weather was right around 35 to 40. Strange enough, same around KLGA.

I don't have a gsync monitor but God it feels smooth. Trackir....wow!! Even with X-Plane ortho in same area....it doesn't even come close to MSFS. I was absolutely blown away.

A note...when you load up....look in ALL directions for a bit. It takes all the data time to cache in before your frames get stable.  

Edited by atlflyer
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

You should post your farewells in the XP forum. It would be more fun. Invite us if you do it. 

• Like 9

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Dominique_K said:

You should post your farewells in the XP forum. It would be more fun. Invite us if you do it. 

Not that I didn't love it...it is a great sim still. But visually, I'm speechless!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

No need too, @Colonel X will be here any second to tell us MFS is a "stuttery hot mess" and atlfyer is a traitor of the superior Xplane masterrace 🤣😉

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

13 minutes ago, atlflyer said:

A note...when you load up....look in ALL directions for a bit. It takes all the data time to cache in before your frames get stable.  

This is a very good point.  and not only look around but be prepared for it to not be at its best on first or even second or third run.  I'm still installing at this moment but I think things will only improve as the cache become useful and my machine learns the new program as it were.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

No need too, @Colonel X will be here any second to tell us MFS is a "stuttery hot mess" and atlfyer is a traitor to his superior Xplane masterrace 🤣😉

He already started a thread there comparing screenshots...mentioning stutters.

But he fails to mention how XP11 had a RC1 yesterday for their beloved Vulkan...that still has stutters as well....

• Like 1

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm back in school reading half these posts, comparing who has the better toy plane 😬

Why don't you just enjoy this fantastic new sim instead of wasting your energy and time on a forum trying to tease users who don't agree with you?

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm back in school reading half these posts, comparing who has the better toy plane 😬

Why don't you just enjoy this fantastic new sim instead of wasting your energy and time on a forum trying to tease users who don't agree with you?

Because I'm waiting for the thing to download, this is amusing in the meantime 😉 Doubt I shall really care once I'm flying it tonight

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Haha yeah I know some think its a stuttering mess.  In some places and situations it can be. Also found a bug that causes frames to be bad. Changing weather back and forth can sometimes permanently tank your fps. Restarting your flight resets that.  

Now if the A320s will stop taking off from runway 20L at KSNA.

8 hours ago, ckyliu said:

No need too, @Colonel X will be here any second to tell us MFS is a "stuttery hot mess" and atlfyer is a traitor of the superior Xplane masterrace 🤣😉

thats made me chuckle

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Tbh i was an x-plane user but can't go back now. My standards have increased too much! Loving the new sim. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sightseer said:

This is a very good point.  and not only look around but be prepared for it to not be at its best on first or even second or third run.  I'm still installing at this moment but I think things will only improve as the cache become useful and my machine learns the new program as it were.

Yep that's it. The more you fly in the same areas the more cache is stored and faster it loads. I reloaded and flew KSNA several times and it got so much better.

• Like 1

I still keep XP11, but I do embrace MSFS2020!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I'll be getting MSFS after about 12-15 months and when I do I'll keep X-Plane 11. The way I see it I'll use MSFS for GA flying (mostly bush flying in the back country) and sight seeing. 

I'll then use X-Plane 11 for the airliner flying, theres no way I can give up on the excellent Zibo. 

And when I wanna tear into a helpless convoy of trucks on a road I'll fire up DCS. 

All the happy sims, together 😃

47 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I was just thinking the same thing. 

NAX669.png