Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Help! I corrupted the download!

I woke up to the sim having only installed 40 ish GB. I then noticed that despite the data transfer rate being around 20 MB/s on task manager, the installer was stuck at 40.96 GB and not moving. I decided to click pause, close the installer, and open it again.

This time, the sim started up like it was fully installed and had me begin setting up my graphics settings. I then reached the main menu and half of the menu is not functional or is corrupted... 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm stressed because I can't find a way to resume the content download 😕

Mine did the same and then went to in-game settings when I tried to resume.

I had X-Box Game Bar disabled in W10.

Go to Settings>Gaming>X-Box Game Bar and enable it.

Worked for me,  it resumed the download where it left off. 

Hope it helps. 

3 minutes ago, Chairflyer73 said:

Mine did the same and then went to in-game settings when I tried to resume.

I had X-Box Game Bar disabled in W10.

Go to Settings>Gaming>X-Box Game Bar and enable it.

Worked for me,  it resumed the download where it left off. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks for the help. I checked and it's on. I just decided to uninstall the base sim, reinstall, and open the sim again. This time it's back to the installer. I selected the same folder I had before and resumed the download, and it seems to (maybe?) be working now? Seems I'm stuck at 15.14 GB now and now moving.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

Just now, Chairflyer73 said:

Mine froze again,  couldn't get it to resume again.  Rebooted and it started again so the Game Bar thing was a red herring. 

Let it sit. Are you on the "FS Packages" install part? It seems to sit there at the same GB reading for a long time before rapid progressing.

1 minute ago, Chairflyer73 said:

I'll leave it be,  yep, fs packages.

Maybe I'll get to fly this thing today,  maybe.

I'm not so sure I will 😕 I'm stuck at 10 MB/s download with barely half of it installed. Still on the 10th FS package.