Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Greatest simulator ever built

I just tried the Gibraltar landing challenge just now. Everything maxed out at 1440p on my i9700k 32gb ram and 2070 super card machine. Totally smooth. The graphics are just magnificent. As close to real life as I have ever seen.

The Airbus is being thrown around by the gusty winds. In p3d or x-plane I never paid attention to winds. Landing was more or less the same in airliners regardless of the weather. There was no challenge when landing "on rails". I really struggled to land the Airbus. 

I am not a real world pilot but the whole experience felt to me what i felt it would be like in real life. And that's all one can ask for.

• Like 4

after one day... right good im glad we got that cleared up.  best sim ever...  with what a staggering  5 addons ?

Dont think we are there quite yet. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

after one day... right good im glad we got that cleared up.  best sim ever...  with what a staggering  5 addons ?

Dont think we are there quite yet. 

Yes, we are. The small number of addons only 24 hours after release is hardly surprising. Even after experiencing download problems and a day spent getting it to work, and obvious issues that need fixing, there is no question this is way beyond any other flight simulator. Flying in it is more than a game, it is an experience. I have never had that feeling about any sim before.

There are certain aspects of this sim that are truly genius. There are other aspects that are incomplete and broken but nothing that time can't fix if Asobo follows through.

Some people are having a hard time reconciling that there is an element to this sim that has wide appeal among more traditional gamers and are lashing out at YouTubers who are just having fun. 

We need the wide appeal as a base for evolving this hobby.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

It may not be polished, it may not be complete, and we may not have any realistic aircraft to fly with yet but it definitely is the greatest sim ever built

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

At some point this will be outstanding

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K