Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Anyone else having ATC audio issues?

I can see ATC talking in the text log in the ATC window, but it doesn't always actually talk out loud. I hear radio clicks when it's supposed to be talking, but there's no voice. I haven't yet established a pattern for when this happens. Anyone else seeing this?

Confirm. Happening right now exactly as you described. No idea about the pattern... Worked on departure, sometime during cruise ATC went in strike...

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Sounds like your missing some of the Windows text-to-speech voices, did you follow on-screen advice during the big download to go get them?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

No, I didn't see that advice because I started the download at midnight and went to bed. I'll start looking into that now. Thanks!

(edit)

OK, looks like I have the full English language pack already. That's the only one I need? That said, I'm not sure that's the issue, because sometimes my pilot's voice works and sometimes it doesn't - if it were a language pack issue I'd think it would either always work or never work.

Edited by eslader

9 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Sounds like your missing some of the Windows text-to-speech voices, did you follow on-screen advice during the big download to go get them?

Nope. I have the language packs and it worked well most times. Sometimes it just shut up...

Edited by Marco Manieri

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Try this : Go to options, general, sound, text-to-speech settings and switch from azure to windows offline. Worked for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Happened to me too, I had voice on departure, lost it during flight following, and it came back when I contacted Tower to land.  Then tower terminated my ATC services when I was on short final but that's probably a topic for another thread.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Seems like a new bug. Wasn’t that case before the release

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, eslader said:

I can see ATC talking in the text log in the ATC window, but it doesn't always actually talk out loud. I hear radio clicks when it's supposed to be talking, but there's no voice. I haven't yet established a pattern for when this happens. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. I've confirmed ATC is somewhat spotty. Sometimes I don't hear my own broadcast, and sometimes I don't hear ATC. Then I get ATC asking if I heard its last transmission. 

• Upvote 1

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

Confirmed. If you click on the radio pop-up too fast it shows the text of trasmi but no audio. Happens sporadically. If you slow down the response to atc then it doesn't happen nearly as much.

I think the Azure server is under stress and not coping with so many simultaneous users.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Same problem here, but only occasionally.  About the option to switch from Azure voices to a text to voice pack in windows (offline)...does this come with windows by default or does one have to install separately?

I noticed this as well. So I switched to offline mode. It says you need to have the english (US) voicepack installed. Which I do. As well as the english (UK) and the german voicepack.

Guess what... now the ATC speaks to me in the most embarassing german accent. 

Not exactly what I was expecting.