Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

I've played a few hours and it's really enjoyable as a game but it isn't a simulator (yet).

The base that is there is incredible so let's hope it will get better.

Back to Prepar3D for now... 😎

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

3 hours ago, G MIDY said:

I've played a few hours and it's really enjoyable as a game but it isn't a simulator (yet).

That is the way I thought about it too. Back to P3DV5

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, G MIDY said:

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

That is the way I thought about it too. Back to P3DV5

same with me.  it looks like its got a ton of potential.  I guess we sit it out and wait to see which payware a/c tubeliner comes first.

my first test flight was the Neo a short hop from BRS TO CWL.   it piled through the 3000 (that was set in the mcp)  and levelled off at 5000, blasted through the 220 knots I had selected and then when disconned the a/p it was all over the place (maybe i need to fine tune the joy/pedal settings) 

when i put it down on the deck it bounced into the air all over the place.  like I said maybe it was me not having stuff set up.  The sim looks amazing.   I think its got a ton of potential if the developers go for simmers and not casual gamers. 

I just miss a decent payware a/c.    I wonder who will be first to release ??

I also heard theres issues with FSUIPC and it cuts your frames in half  (ive not put it on yet)  maybe someone can claify ?

thanks 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I also heard theres issues with FSUIPC and it cuts your frames in half  (ive not put it on yet)  maybe someone can claify ?

thanks 

Have you asked the question on Pete’s forum? Pointless asking here.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Oh, well, you don’t like the new MFS the way it’s now, but has potential, yes, but no problem, fire up your P3D (or XP) again and problem solved. Oh, wait!, you uninstalled your P3D (or XP) because they were both suddenly dead!, so no problem, you spend two or three weeks to have your P3D (or XP) back as it was before its death and problems solved.

Sounds familiar?, yes, it seems it is for a lot of people.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, G MIDY said:

Same here.  Only 9 editable cockpit views available, no way to edit and save external views and can only bind the 9 Vc ones to a key.  Also, the standard tool bar (the atc, views, weather etc.  one) did not show when I re-enter a saved a flight on all occasions until I get airborne...weird and highly annoying.   Miss wing and engine views in P3D.  I forgave the pauses and reduction in fps when it gets more scenery from the web.  For airliners, it is  not really there yet, for GA, it is ok as scenery is quite good, but the flight dynamics are so hard to control that it is just not fun despite the awesome scenery for the most part.  It ate my whole system and was getting FPS in 20's when getting scenery from the web in an airliner with settings down quite a bit!!  I have a good PC and internet.  I flew the NGxu today in v5 over Orbx England and almost cried as it has so much immersion going on, apart from the add-on aircraft 🙂 On MSFS, the menu system is awkward and also slow to load despite having a fast pc. Pause mode is weird, slew mode is odd and not really workable. Can't edit sounds...  It will be better in the future, but may have further constraints as it is being tied to a console as well!!  Does have superb lighting and clouds and a very expansive scenery datatbase!

Edited by simon747
change

Simon

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Oh, well, you don’t like the new MFS the way it’s now, but has potential, yes, but no problem, fire up your P3D (or XP) again and problem solved. Oh, wait!, you uninstalled your P3D (or XP) because they were both suddenly dead!, so no problem, you spend two or three weeks to have your P3D (or XP) back as it was before its death and problems solved.

Sounds familiar?, yes, it is for a lot of people.

Cheers, Ed

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

o no problem, you spend two or three weeks to have your P3D (or XP) back as it was before its death and problems solved.

I did a reinstall of Windows, PSD and add-ons in under 5 hours.  Back to happiness, but I am old and stubborn!

• Like 1

Simon

6 hours ago, sanh said:

A door not opening is not a major item. What are you going to gain by an open door? Are you going to go to external view at the gate and open the door. Have a look. Close the door. Now I can fly. 

You missed the whole point of my response is reporting and if people aren't reporting then it becomes a non-issue whether you care about it or not or what level you think something is is IRRELEVANT.  The point was just to report and not complain if something is an issue not to argue that you don't think is an issue.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

14 hours ago, Agrajag said:

- Related to this is the time it takes to just quit. Why do I have to go back to a menu (and the long wait) just to quit? Let me just jump out to my desktop while sitting on the ground.

One of the advantages of running the sim in windowed mode: I just click on the X in the corner of the window when I want to quit.  :senang:   I don't know if I'm paying a performance penalty for this, but I haven't run into any frame rate issues yet.

6 hours ago, sanh said:

A door not opening is not a major item. What are you going to gain by an open door? Are you going to go to external view at the gate and open the door. Have a look. Close the door. Now I can fly. 

You missed the whole point of my response is reporting and if people aren't reporting then it becomes a non-issue whether you care about it or not or what level you think something is is IRRELEVANT.  The point was just to report and not complain if something is an issue not to argue that you don't think is an issue.  And yes, to a LOT of people opening the doors is a BIG ISSUE and GUESS WHAT, EVERYONE thought it wouldn't be something to report because we've ALWAYS had aircraft that had opening doors so it was taken for granted that it would be present and it is not.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

23 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Yes, this is a big disappointment given all the hype.  Thankfully my P3D is installed on a dedicated SSD and so there are no worries.  I feel for the people who uninstalled P3D expecting something special.

I think i'll stick with Prepar3D v5 the real Flight Simulator for Real Pilots

1 minute ago, georgio1952 said:

I think i'll stick with Prepar3D v5 the real Flight Simulator for Real Pilots

You have your opinion mate but this real world pilot left P3D years ago for XP11 because P3D potato graphics. I left XP11 because MSFS looks great for GA and thats what I enjoy flying in sim. I just cant go back to early 2000s graphics of P3D or XP11 now

• Upvote 3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

10 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Strange.  It loads much faster than P3d V5 for me!

Me too, much faster.  I also like the fact that you can change the time and weather immediately without having to wait for the sim to reload the new views all over again.  

It would be nice if you could save your weather settings as default mind you. I have to change it to live weather each time I open it.  Would be nice if it just remembered.  

2 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

It would be nice if you could save your weather settings as default mind you. I have to change it to live weather each time I open it.  Would be nice if it just remembered.  

That's one of those "polish" type features that won't be coming for some time I suspect. Way too many major items on the list ahead of that, but I agree.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.