Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

33 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

You have your opinion mate but this real world pilot left P3D years ago for XP11 because P3D potato graphics. I left XP11 because MSFS looks great for GA and thats what I enjoy flying in sim. I just cant go back to early 2000s graphics of P3D or XP11 now

Your opinion ,but i think i'll stick with DirectX 12 feature with a significant improvement of the sim . I hope the MSFS2020 doesn't disappoint it's customers in the future. And there's one more thing i've got MSFS2020 ..

22 hours ago, bbking said:

I am a bit disappointed as well EHEH is not there (because a military base???) and EHRD and EHLE !

Maybe in the near future who knows....

Eindhoven is a field of grass but you can land and take off.

Rotterdam is included (EHRD) I just landed there.

• Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

No doubt the sim has some issues but there are a lot of comments on here from people complaining when there is generally a simple solution to the problem. 

i.e. The Ctrl +.  function doesn't work to release the parking brake. Yes it does.  The tip clearly states Ctrl and Num . 

The controls aren't mapped to my controller.  Look at Squrrels video.  It's very simple.  I had an unrecognised stick and it took about half an hour to get the buttons, hat switch, throttle etc all mapped as I like them. 

I've been guilty of this too, complaining that the atc sound didn't work when someone pointed out I need to download the language patch that I was told about in the install. 

No doubt there are bugs but I'm enjoying it at the moment now I've learned to ask for help rather than complain about an issue without learning the complexities of the new sim first. 

By the way, before you ask, I know that all the problems can't be fixed but some can with a little help from your friends. 

By the way, if msfs is taking longer to load than p3d did, then you've done something wrong.  With GBTE installed, it would take a good 15 minutes from pressing the icon to starting the flight in p3d.  With msfs it takes 5 minutes tops and when i change the time or weather its immediate.  I don't have to wait another 5 minutes for it to reload. 

Just some thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

No doubt the sim has some issues but there are a lot of comments on here from people complaining when there is generally a simple solution to the problem. 

The ATC was working FINE for me and then mainly stopped working reliably. It still sometimes works. I have not received any language patch option. I have read in another thread that you can set Sound to Offline and that would fix it. Have yet to try that.

As far as how long P3D takes to load, that's irrelevant to me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both are horrible in this regard.

Edited by Agrajag

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

56 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

The ATC was working FINE for me and then mainly stopped working reliably. It still sometimes works. I have not received any language patch option. I have read in another thread that you can set Sound to Offline and that would fix it. Have yet to try that.

As far as how long P3D takes to load, that's irrelevant to me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both are horrible in this regard.

The need for having the language file installed was on the screen during the early patch of the install.  You need to go into your windows settings, select language and add the English (US) language if you don't already have it. 

1 minute ago, badger2000 said:

The need for having the language file installed was on the screen during the early patch of the install.  You need to go into your windows settings, select language and add the English (US) language if you don't already have it. 

I have it installed and still had this issue crop up after several flights of no such issue.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

21 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I have it installed and still had this issue crop up after several flights of no such issue.

If you have more than one language installed, you also need to make English (US) your preferred language.

2 hours ago, badger2000 said:

i.e. The Ctrl +.  function doesn't work to release the parking brake. Yes it does.  The tip clearly states Ctrl and Num . 

The controls aren't mapped to my controller.  Look at Squrrels video.  It's very simple.  I had an unrecognised stick and it took about half an hour to get the buttons, hat switch, throttle etc all mapped as I like them. 

I've been guilty of this too, complaining that the atc sound didn't work when someone pointed out I need to download the language patch that I was told about in the install. 

No doubt there are bugs but I'm enjoying it at the moment now I've learned to ask for help rather than complain about an issue without learning the complexities of the new sim first. 

By the way, before you ask, I know that all the problems can't be fixed but some can with a little help from your friends. 

By the way, if msfs is taking longer to load than p3d did, then you've done something wrong.  With GBTE installed, it would take a good 15 minutes from pressing the icon to starting the flight in p3d.  With msfs it takes 5 minutes tops and when i change the time or weather its immediate.  I don't have to wait another 5 minutes for it to reload. 

Just some thoughts. 

I've only spent an hour with it and yes the button programming is different than what we're used to, but once you understand it works fine.  I left wondering how to get an unobstructed forward and topdown views.  Any ideas there?  Got huge potential and an incredible start, but I always assumed it would be a while before it could compete w/ the depth of user control and content P3D has.  I'll spend most of my time flying P3D 4.5, and as things improve in MSFS will likely start spending more time there, but I'm in no hurry because P3D 4.5 is already mature and excellent in its own right.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

56 minutes ago, DebauchedSloth said:

If you have more than one language installed, you also need to make English (US) your preferred language.

Nope.

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

I've only spent an hour with it and yes the button programming is different than what we're used to, but once you understand it works fine.  I left wondering how to get an unobstructed forward and topdown views.  Any ideas there?  Got huge potential and an incredible start, but I always assumed it would be a while before it could compete w/ the depth of user control and content P3D has.  I'll spend most of my time flying P3D 4.5, and as things improve in MSFS will likely start spending more time there, but I'm in no hurry because P3D 4.5 is already mature and excellent in its own right.

Fair points.

I can see me switching between P3Dv5 and MSFS for a while depending on what sort of mood I'm in until MSFS matures a little.  To be honest I mostly fly GA or small airliners (ATR500 etc) anyway so MSFS works for me most of the time. It would be nice to get FSCaptain working and some more upgraded airports as well as fixing the bugs with the AutoPilot etc but for now I've very impressed with the sim.  It only cost £70 after all and loads of people on here will pay maore than that for one aircraft.  

3 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Nope.

What do you mean 'Nope'?

Do you mean no you don't need to do that or no you've done that and it still doesn't help?

If the former, you very much do.  If the latter try running the sim as Admin.

All active development products are "Beta" anyway.  The SDK is at version .50 for now.  Things will improve as the months roll by.  Be glad it is out

And in P3D world - aren't we all "public beta testers" anyway lol.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

5 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

Fair points.

I can see me switching between P3Dv5 and MSFS for a while depending on what sort of mood I'm in until MSFS matures a little.  To be honest I mostly fly GA or small airliners (ATR500 etc) anyway so MSFS works for me most of the time. It would be nice to get FSCaptain working and some more upgraded airports as well as fixing the bugs with the AutoPilot etc but for now I've very impressed with the sim.  It only cost £70 after all and loads of people on here will pay maore than that for one aircraft.  

Yes, FSCaptain!  Honestly, I think it's a fantastic start--the core is real strong.   If per chance it flouders, or becomes the mainstay of console users because it does not evolve sufficiently to meet the needs of the others in the asylum I will upgrade P3D to whatever version it is then.  But they have put such incredible work into MSFS this time around I can see it staying for a long time.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

What do you mean 'Nope'?

Do you mean no you don't need to do that or no you've done that and it still doesn't help?

If the former, you very much do.  If the latter try running the sim as Admin.

Sorry, that could have been more clear. Nope, I don't have any other speech files installed. And I always run as Admin. Switching to Offline (which also uses the TTS engine) works just fine.

23 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Sorry, that could have been more clear. Nope, I don't have any other speech files installed. And I always run as Admin. Switching to Offline (which also uses the TTS engine) works just fine.

OK.  The speech file is easily installed from your Settings - Languages options in Windows 10.  Just select English (US), install it and put it top of the list of installed languages,  That should do it.